SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identify active contract / contract accounts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I have a requirement where I need to list out the active contract accounts.

Right now, I am checking if any of the contract of a contract account has EVER- Move_Out Date as 12/31/9999.

However, my output is including many invalid accounts, so do I need to check something else or is there any other way to verify active CA?

Any suggestion will be helpful.

Thanks.

Sam.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam

The definition of an active Contract is probably easy, because it has a defined start end date (EINZDAT and AUSZDAT). However, when it comes to a Contract Account the definition of "active" is not as straight forward.

Do you mean Contract Accounts that have at least one active Contract to be "active"?

What about accounts where the customer left the power company, so no active Contract anymore, but still owes $1000.00?

In my opinion this is still "active" because there're processes dealing with the outstanding debt like dunning, collection...

What transaction/program/criteria identified the Contract Account as "invalid"?

Yep

Jürgen

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam

The definition of an active Contract is probably easy, because it has a defined start end date (EINZDAT and AUSZDAT). However, when it comes to a Contract Account the definition of "active" is not as straight forward.

Do you mean Contract Accounts that have at least one active Contract to be "active"?

What about accounts where the customer left the power company, so no active Contract anymore, but still owes $1000.00?

In my opinion this is still "active" because there're processes dealing with the outstanding debt like dunning, collection...

What transaction/program/criteria identified the Contract Account as "invalid"?

Yep

Jürgen

0 Kudos

Hello Juergan,

Yes, You are right, I want even such accounts to be considered active.

Just a question, what does it mean if Move-In date is greater than today's date. Is such account active?

Also, it is a third party application which gives a count of valid accounts and placing only move out date check is giving incorrect count in SAP, I don't have accounts numbers to analyze and find the reason.

Thanks,

Sam.

0 Kudos

Hi Sam

A move-in date in the future occurs if a customer call the power company to inform about a move-in in the future, for example next week. Because the power company does not supply this customer (account) today, I would not call it active.

In case the power company supplies the same premise/installation for a different customer (account) today, it should have another contract where the move-in date is before today and the move-out is after today (ideally 1 day before the next move-in date). Those contracts/accounts are active as of today.

Yep

Jürgen

0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

For a contract, if a move out date is 12/31/9999  or it should be >= of todays date,

those  contract will be consider as active or you may say will be terminated in future but still they are active contract.

And for those whose move out date is less than todays date they will be the terminated contract.

Regards,

AnUrAg.

0 Kudos

Thanks Anurag and Juergan.