cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approval task SP09: Evaluation of approvalid failed with Exception: while trying to invoke the method java.lang.String.length() of an object loaded from local variable 'aValue'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I just installed SP09 and i was testing the solution. And I found a problem with the approvals tasks.

I configured a simple ROLE approval task for validate add event. And when the runtime executes the task, the dispatcher log shows a error:

ERROR: Evaluation of approvalid failed with Exception: while trying to invoke the method java.lang.String.length() of an object loaded from local variable 'aValue'

And the notifications configured on approval task does not start either.

The approval goes to the ToDO tab of the approver, but when approved, also the ROLE stays in "Pending" State.

I downgraded the Runtime components to SP08 to test, and the approvals tasks works correctly.

Has anyone passed trough this situation in SP09?

I think there is an issue with the runtime components delivered with this initial package of SP09.

Suggestions?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Kelvin,2016081

The issue is caused by a program error in the Dispatcher component. A fix will be provided in Identity Management SP9 Patch 2 for the Runtime component. I expect the patch will be delivered within a week or two.

For more info about the issue and the patch please refer to SAPNote 2016081.

@ - I might be able to assist if you provide the ticket number

Cheers,
Kristiyan
IdM Development

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've noticed the same thing with SP9. I have opened a message with SAP for direction on this.

former_member244642
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Can you share the message number?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Haven't had a look at SP9 but I assume its the dispatcher rather than a script generating this?  A script we might be able to fix

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Yes, its the dispatcher generating this, when it tries to trigger and start the approval task.

No script is used at this time.

Any idea?

Do you have a DEV env to simulate?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately no.  I'm working on a different IDM system at the moment (I'm an IDM guy, not a SAP guy ) so unless you know of somewhere I can go to build some tests I'm not able to help...

Peter