Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional Destinations Start of Trip not editable

karen_read3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi experts.

We're using ECC 6.0 and using PR05 as well as the Portal for Travel Request and Expense Claims

We cannot edit/modify the start location or the end location in the additional destinations tab (trip itinerary). The first and last lines

of these fields is non editable.

Is there a way to edit the start and end location so that the employee can select their location?

Here is a scenario for you:

Create trip with multiple destination; 4 day trip;

Leave home at 6:30 am = Ottawa, Ontario, Canada (as this is my starting location);

Day 2 starting at 14:00 = land in North West Territories, Canada

Day 3 starting at 11:00 = land in London, Great Britain,

Day 4 plane landing first in Toronto, Ontario, Canada at 16:00, then flying to Ottawa, Ontario, Canada at 18:00 and the finally arriving home at 23:00.

So in this case, I have entered my trip destination in the General Trip data section as the furthest destination........being London, Great Britain.

In the Addnl Dests tab, it puts my Trip Destination to London, GB at 6:30 am, however this is not the case, as the Start of the Trip is really Ottawa, Ontario, Canada at 6:30 a.m., we have a requirement to allow clients to enter the real Starting location of their trip.

Are we completely missing something here?  I have worked as a SAP Travel for many years, and have yet to solve this mystery.

Would someone be so kind as to show me how they would expect the client to enter the above multiday, multi destination trip?

I have included a screen shot depicting how it is presently being keyed in SAP.

Also, I have played around with configuration of Trip Areas/Trip Groups to no avail.

Thanks,

Karen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Karen

Hope you are doing well!

This is an interesting one as I was looking at this just now and tested out that scenario above with one slight difference  - in my test system the location (PTK05_N-ZORT1) is not an input field and I think this might be part of the problem as you have the domestic departure leg preceeding the final destination - the trip start date is automated from the general header details so cannot be edited  - this makes sense to me too as otherwise it could have consequences if you were able to put a start date outside of that in the general header but I see your perspective from entering numerous legs of the trip.

I'll have a further look at this to see if there is anyway around it, though maybe someone else has encountered the same problem meanwhile!

Cheers

Sally

karen_read3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sally,

I am doing well, thank you.  Hope you are also doing well.

Thank you for looking into this for me, I really appreciate it!

My other concern is how do I get a location and region to populate in the start of trip and end of trip fields?  My PTK05_N-ZORT1, is not a keyable field either, hence my issue.

Hope to hear from you soon

Thanks,

Karen