cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC to RFC- Error in RWB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus,

Background :We have fresh installation of SAP PO 7.3 (Single Stack ) on SQL Server 2013.

Scenraio is : JDBC to RFC async scerio; i can pull data from SQL database but not able to post to SAP

Please advise what to do.

I always provide points for helpful answers

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

To give everyone update the problem is JDBC- RFC multimapping is an issue in single stack and we do not want to use BPM..

Will update more

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If everything looks good then just restart the service XPI Adapter: RFC in NWA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

The Problem seems to be not in PI, Ask your Abaper to check in ECC for that RFC function module,  ask them to trigger & debug the RFC from ECC by  providing the same payload which you are trying to post from PI. Then you will get exact problem why it is throwing error.

Nagesh.

manigram
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) Check and ping your RFC destination in NWA , check what response and code you are getting wqhile ping the destination.

2) Share the payload with ECC team ask them to upload the messages directly in ECC RFC.

Try the above two

Regards,

Manigandan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mani,

1.In NWA, after pinging Destination this is what I'm getting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Hareesh,

You are always the first one to answer. Thanks for your quick response. However this is still not helpful. Just restarted, no change

Thanks

Jain

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi V Jay - Did you check the payload after mapping? Does it have the root tag as" RFC Function module name" ?

and do you find it in SE37(ecc system)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hareesh,

The payload does not have "rfc function module name".. it is because payload is still stuck in PI...

I took a sample data from payload and tested in Function Module  manually, and it is getting posted...

I found another thing that my AAE setting are not correct. Some inbound RA...

Does this effect?

Thanks in advance

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi V Jay - You should still be able to see the post mapping payload, as it's the receiver channel which is throwing this error.. Enable the staging for the same..

I'm not sure if inbound RA has got something to do.. as you are maintaining the connections in communication channel..

But did you change any configuration for Inbound RA?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi As stated its fresh intallation, this is showing an error since starting. Basis is fixing it.

manigram
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Still your server is not installed properly, ask your basis to do the post installation properly.

Regards,

Manigandan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi V jay,

Error which is in screen shot is because port is not free in ECC side. please create a new port in ECC or free that port  and give new port in  creating RFC destination .

Regards,

Rudra

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi V Jay - Did you check the below thread?

Q 16: While sending a message to the RFC Adapter the error "... functiontemplate from repository was <null>" is shown. What is the reason?

A: After receiving a message from the Adapter Engine, the RFC Adapter extracts the payload from the message. Normally this should be an XML document in the RFC-XML format. In this format the root element of the XML document represents the name of the function module and is enclosed in the fixed RFC namespace 'urn:sap-com:document:sap:rfc:functions'. But this only will be checked at a later point, when the conversion from XML to native RFC is done. As prerequisite of this conversion the structures and types of the function module parameters has to be known. This is also called metadata or function template. To get this function template the name of the function module is extracted from the root element of the XML document and is queried against the metadata repository of the communication channel. If the metadata repository doesn't have a function module with this name, the exception named above is thrown. Possible reasons are

• The XML document, which was sent to the RFC Adapter, is not a RFC-XML document. So the root element name of this document is not the name of a function module and thus can't be found in the metadata repository.
  • The metadata repository doesn't contain an entry for this function module name. Normally the metadata repository will be an R/3 system and it's function module repository can be searched with the transaction SE37

Reference :  730870 - FAQ XI 3.0/ PI 7.0/ PI 7.1/ PI 7.11/ PI 7.2/ 7.3 RFC Adapter