SCM upgrade from 4.0 to 7.0
we have SCM 4.0 installed. we need to uprgade it to 7.0. following are my observations.
are they correct on how to upgrade it to 7.0 ?
1) we will go for a new sap client with SCM 7.0 insatlled.
2) Then all the data in SCM 4.0 will be copied over in the new box for scm 7.0. Data
means master data/config/transaction data in scm 7.0 Is this correct ?
I mean to say all data like tranportation lanes/check instructions etc will get copied over
during system copy ?
3) exiting old CIF models will be de activated and new CIF modles will be created and atcivated
4) then sales orders etc will be cancelled which are newly created and such sales orders
will be created again in ECC so that they are CIF to new SCM 7.0
5) Iam not sure how to go about sales order which are in the middle of processing in SCM 4.0.