cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCM upgrade from 4.0 to 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we have SCM 4.0 installed. we need to uprgade it to 7.0. following are my observations.
are they correct on how to upgrade  it to 7.0 ?

1) we will go for a new sap client with SCM 7.0 insatlled.

2) Then all the data in SCM 4.0 will be copied over in the new box for scm 7.0. Data
means master data/config/transaction data in scm 7.0 Is this correct ?

I mean to say all data like tranportation lanes/check instructions etc will get copied over
during system copy ?

3) exiting old CIF models will be de activated and new CIF modles will be created and atcivated

4) then sales orders etc will be cancelled which are newly created and such sales orders
will be created again in ECC so that they are CIF to new SCM 7.0

5) Iam not sure how to go about sales order which are in the middle of processing in SCM 4.0.

regards

Pamela

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pamela,

1) we will go for a new sap client with SCM 7.0 insatlled.

-- It is SAP basis team activity

2) Then all the data in SCM 4.0 will be copied over in the new box for scm 7.0. Data
means master data/config/transaction data in scm 7.0 Is this correct ?

I mean to say all data like tranportation lanes/check instructions etc will get copied over
during system copy ?

--- all the data will present Master/config data/transnational data

3) exiting old CIF models will be de activated and new CIF modles will be created and atcivated

there  no new CIF jobs are required,stop all CIF job from ECC in basis upgrade. and basis can block the CIF  queue. once upgrade is over then you can activate the queues.

4) then sales orders etc will be cancelled which are newly created and such sales orders
will be created again in ECC so that they are CIF to new SCM 7.0

---No need old trasctional data can be used

5) Iam not sure how to go about sales order which are in the middle of processing in SCM 4.0.

--- Upgrade mean technical upgrade (4 to 7) after upgrade you can process the old transnationals data.

Note : Testing is very important  in upgrade before touching in Production all the scenario should be executed and issue should fixed.

Br

Sandeep 

mwallace
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pamela

Open orders should be fine. You should copy the client, test the new system for a week alongside working in the old system.  The following weekend activate the integration models and background jobs to the new system, perform some more tests, and if the all is good work with the new system the week after.  If you face major problems, reactivate the integration models to SCM 4.0, restest in SCM 7.0 then schedule a time to try again.

If you do not have many developments  and make sure you test properly I doubt you'll face many issues.