Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PReqs getting deleted and recreated in SNP

former_member182607
Active Participant
0 Kudos

SNP Gurus,

I see some issues in our SNP run which is causing some serious concrns in our ECC community.

We run our SNP in Net Change mode. Even then we see evry single PReq getting deleted and 're-created' again, which basically consumes a number from number range for PReqs in ECC. This way we end up consuming miilions from the PReq number range. Should not the SNP run just change either the quantity or the date in the 'existing ' PReq insted of deleting every PReq and recreating them again? I have tried to find any other suitable setting but so far has been unable to see something. We are on SCM 702, SP 8.

Thanks,

Subash

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182607
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ada,

I checked up the Global SNP profile and it is in Delta mode. The F1 help says 'This parameter is used by the SNP heuristic. You use it to determine whether you want the system to create new SNP stock transfers in any event or to create new stock transfers only if the planning situation has changed.'. Does it mean it does not look at PReqs at all.

Thanks,

Subash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subash,

With  "Delta mode " seting, SNP creates the fresh purchase requisitions only when a planning situation changes like, demand date change, quantity change, receipt changes etc. It does look at the purchase requisitions. If any changes are done to purchase requisitions, then these changes induce a planning file entry and SNP responds to it. Please refer the notes 1176135, 654235 and 1039801.

Cheers!

Raghav

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, It also looks at PReqs.

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, if you activate net change planning, system considers planning file entry -- you can check it in /sapapo/rrp_netch. It dose not plan the location/product without snp planning file entry, but it will always delete and recreate the orders as long as the location/product is planned.

Please consider the "Delta Mode" setting in SNP Global Settings, which may help you to acheive your request.

former_member182607
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Ada.....let me check and get back to you.

Subash