cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does submission of ideas in idea place influence BW releases?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I visited SAP Idea palce and submitted 2 ideas for further imrpovements in SAP BW (at least what I think personally).

Do you know, if the submission of any idea in idea place regarding BW general warehousing (SAP BW) influences the development of future releases?

There are so many good ideas, what to improve, but actually I could not find any hint if any of this ideas is under review.

Do you know how the process is or how often the ideas in idea place are checked and considered for future releases?

Maybe this is not the correct place but I could not find a discussion forum for idea place questions or processes.

Regards,

Jürgen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MartinMaruskin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen,

yes actually SAP considers those ideas... I'm dare to say that pace they do it doesn't satisfies me. However you can find some SMP Notes which are delivering functionalities that was requested via those ideas. See for example those notes:

BI Content Migration of BW 3.x based data flows - SAP Note 1601140

Customer Connection: (NW 730SP11): Complete deletion of data - SAP Note 1864773

See other possible ways how to let SAP know about you ideas to improve their products:

http://scn.sap.com/community/research/blog/2014/03/03/how-to-influence-sap

Cheers

m./

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Do you know how the process is or how often the ideas in idea place are checked and considered for future releases?

Hello Jürgen,

you'll find the information about the whole process of evaluating in the blog .

Once a month the ideas will be checked and if the 15 votes-limit is reached, they should be changed to "Under Review".

is the Idea Place queen, so I'll just call her here, if you have some more questions directly regarding the BW session.

Regards,

Steffi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Steffi,

unfortunately I can send Oxana a direct message. Could you please give her a call regarding status of BW ideas. I just wonder what's with all the ideas in BW space with more than 15 votes, but no in status "Under review". Shouldn't that change every month?

Regards,

Jürgen

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jürgen,

I've got no more calling power than you. ^^

You can signal her by just mentioning her name here like this: (either do an @ and the name, it should give you suggestions or you can just post the link to the profile of the user you want to call and it will change into the mention-link.).

Since I already mentioned her in my last reply, so she should have this thread on her radar (aka in her communications stream). I guess they are still discussing this thing and there is nothing to report back yet.

Regards,

Steffi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steffi and Jurgen,

Steffi as much as I would like to help, the BW Idea Place session is being run by team other than the SCN team.

can guide us who is BW session owner and they will be able to provide relevant reply.

Good luck,

Oxana

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Oxana,

yeah, I kind of thought that you can't be involved in everything there, buuuut I knew you would know who to ask next.

Thank you for the help!

Regards,

Steffi.

Kuhan_Milroy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Manage the Data Warehousing in General Idea Session.

Richard, Michaela, can you help Jürgen with his question?

https://ideas.sap.com/D11625

Roll back process types in case of data errors : View Idea

Thanks

Kuhan

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think at SCN Support or About scn will be the right place to ask this question.

Yourt question is purely related SCN Support team.