cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Program not registered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears,

I am having problems to add some registered external programs at SMGW.

I have two RFC (TCP/IP) connections with the error message "ERROR: program XXXXXXX not registered"

I tried to add them by the expert functions, external security editor of files reginfo and secinfo but it didn't work.

Then I tried editing the files manually following this instructions but I still get the error: https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/e2/16d0427a2440fc8bfc25e786b8e11c/content.htm

The kernel version is 720 so I can't try the rfcexec.

Any other way to register those programs?

Thanks for your help!

Have a nice day!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sumit_goel553
Explorer
0 Kudos

Have you checked the  parameter gw/acl_mode  used to control registration of external programs on the system.

gw/acl_mode = 0 will allow registration of external server program

gw/acl_mode = 1 will not allow registration of external server programs and you need to maintain reg_info and sec_info files.

and entry in the etc/hosts file of the system

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had already checked and it is set to 0. I had deciced to set up the reg_info and sec_info files anyway but nothing.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears,

I got this issue sorted out yesterday. Actually there was some steps missing and the settings of the gateway monitor weren't applied until I restarted it.

The missing step was to register the external program with the RFCEXEC tool, wich I had to download since my kernel version is 720. After fixing the reginfo, secinfo and registering with RFCEXEC the connection started working fine.

The reginfo was set in the following format:

P TP=<Program_ID> HOST=<HostName>

Netweaver RFC SDK information can be found here: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/45/428d7a00523446e10000000a155369/content.htm

Thank you all for your help!

Have a nice day!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've changed the x e x files allowing any connection to the gateway.

• secinfo contains line USER=* HOST=* TP=* only
  • reginfo contains line TP=* only

The idea was to check the Gateway log and get the programs and hostnames to register manually and just them would be allowed. I followed all the steps of https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/c6/7fb0f886f544e092fe9a08ad3a0fa1/content.htm procedure.

When i ran the connection test at SM59 it failed and I got the same error: ERROR: program HWL_DSS not registered. Even with the files set to allow any external program.

Any ideias of what is wrong?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you given program id  in the RFC destination, if yes could you please change it (append some characters like _1 ) save and try once. I have seeing this kind of getting resolved in PI , changing program id in the RFC destination , stoping and sending the channels and sending message from sender to receiver. Could you please check once?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am setting up an interface with Honeywell Enterprise Buildings Integrator (EBI) and all the other settings are ok. The only thing missing is the RFC TCP connection.

I have done this before in another environment, with the same settings except about the gateway but the gateway was fully opened and it worked fine.

Anyone could please help me?

Thanks a lot!