cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiori Theme repository could not be read

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am trying to access the theme designer for Fiori using the transaction /UI5/THEME_DESIGNER but am getting the error:

I am on the latest UI patch level for all the UI components: SP7

I have read through the below posts with similar issues but no luck.

Does anyone have an idea of what I might be missing?

Regards

Jared

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TheoExall
Explorer
0 Kudos

the solution that worked for me:

The issue was around the program /UI5/CL_THEME_REPOSITORY_SCAN with method _BUILD_IDS and _BUILD_CHILD_IDS. I did not change any code I just went into change mode saved and activated it. Since then the problem has been solved.

Jared is a colleague of mine so I worked on the same system.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

UweFetzer_se38
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jared,

I've got the exactly same error message, and I got a dump "CALLED_BY_PUBLIC_SERVICE".

It was simply because in the SICF path "/sap/bc/theming" there was a user/password entered. After I've deleted this entry it worked with transaction /UI5/THEME_DESIGNER.

Hope this will be a solution for your problem, too.

Uwe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uwe,

Thank you for your response.

I checked the entry you were talking about and unfortunately I dont have a username and password entered there.

Basis is building a new server so I will test on that server once built.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thank you for all the responses.

I have activated all the services as I have used the Theme Designer before. I have just recently updated all components to the latest patch levels which seemed to of caused this problem.

I have also tried using the theme designer with the IP and FQDN as well as protocols HTTP and HTTPS.

Regards

Jared

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What does the console for Chrome show when you are trying to activate TD?

It sounds like opening a ticket might be the next step.

Regards, Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

The errors I get when trying to open the designer are:

Does that help?

Regards

Jared

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Definitely open a ticket and include the reference to the SCN post and the screenshot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

To me it looks like the patching wasn't successful assuming there are no bugs in the SAP provided code. Can you provide a list of involved system components and their versions? Are you on pre NW74 or NW74? Patching pre NW74 is trickier since all involved system components need to be patched at the same time (you should use the stack). See transaction ST22 to analyze the short dump.

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You got ABAP syntax error in Gateway system.

Please check notes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Here are the components in my system:

SAP_BASIS7310010
SAP_ABA7310010
PI_BASIS7310010
ST-PI2008_1_7100008
GW_CORE2000008
IW_BEP2000008
SAP_BW7310010
UI2_7001000007
UI2_7011000007
UI2_7021000007
UI2_7311000007
UI2_FND1000007
UI2_SRVC1000007
UI5_7311000007
UISAPUI51000007
UI_INFRA1000007
IW_FND2500008
IW_PGW1000005
WEBCUIF7310007
IW_CBS2000008
IW_CNT2000008
UIAPP0011000004
UIGIB0011000004
UIHCM0021000004
UIHCM0031000004
UISRA0021000003
UISRA0041000002
UISRA0071000001
UISRA0081000003
UISRA010100

I have looked through the SAP Fiori LL14 - UI Theme Designer Troubleshooting and implemented notes 1980031 and 1902156 as it said to do so in note 1852401.

I still get the error message though.

Regards

Jared

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here are the errors I am getting after applying the notes.

The blacked out sections on the screenshot is the hostname and port number being used.

So after applying the notes and running transaction /UI5/THEME_DESIGNER it starts as http://<fqdn>:8000

Before the notes it would start the browser using https://<fqdn>/

Regards

Jared

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a short dump in ST22? Since there is a syntax error in ABAP class /UI5/CL_THEME_REPOSITORY_SCAN, I would expect there to be a short dump. If there is, can you share the code lines that contain the syntax error? SP08 of UI Add-On, which hasn't been released yet contains SAP note 1920950 which is supposed to fix a short dump error but whether it is the one you are seeing, is hard to say since the note doesn't have any advanced correction instructions.

Let me also ping the and    spaces as well as to get the attention of the UI Theme Designer people.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samuli,

Thank you for the reply and for looping in the Theme Designer people.

There isn't any short dump in the system anymore. I was getting a short dump but after applying the notes above I havnt received anymore dumps.

Kind Regards

Jared

Former Member
0 Kudos

But you still get the Theme Repository error? And is it because the protocol is incorrectly generated? Does it work if you manually change it from HTTP to HTTPS? Is the port number really being omitted or did you just leave it out? Anyway, URL generation is something your basis admin should be able to fix. Have you configured entries in table HTTPURLLOC? If not, the basic configuration of ICM and ICF service parameters determine the URL generation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samuli,

I think it might be something with how the URL is getting generated.

If I run the transaction from my GW system the URL that opens in the browser is:

http://<FQND>:8000/...

And then it says the webpage could not be displayed. Could this be because the port 8000 isnt open on the server?

Then if I take out the port http://<FQDN>/..... then the page opens but I get the "Theme Repository could not be read" error message.

Is it possible that the port could be causing the issue?

Former Member
0 Kudos

See transaction SMICM -> Services for open ports. I think you should work together with your basis admin to get this resolved.

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Just FYI. This does not solve your issue but,

I see you use old UI components which were released in May 2013.

Important Note: Please use new UI with new SAP Fiori Launchpad

New UI components have UI extension points and work with new SAP Fiori Launchpad.

Please find correct components based on your Backend version.

Regards, Masa

SAP Customer Experience Group - CEG

Uwe_Klinger
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Jared,

As already mentioned by Samuli it's important that the URL of the theme designer and of the parameters "sap-themeroot" and "sap-webdav-themeroot" contain the same protocol, hostname and port. You can fit it manually by copying it from the start of the URL to the parameters.

We plan to get rid of this because it creates to much trouble 😕

If you still stuck please open a ticket on CA-UI2-THD and provide system access for R/3 and HTTP(S).

Best regards

Uwe

Product Owner

UI theme designer

SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

make sure urge that you are logging in with the fully qualified host name rather than an IP address

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use Fiddler, HttpFox, HTTPwatch, etc. Scroll down the list of requests to the 2nd or 3rd for the service theme-designer. Does the host name and protocol for URL parameters sap-themeroot and sap-webdav-themeroot match with the host name and protocol hosting the UI Theme Designer application?

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jared,

Check to make sure all the services required by Theme Designer are activated.

Do you have a Launchpad instance running?

Regards, Mike

SAP Customer Experience Group - CEG