cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange MODERATION : Dont post just links .

prav_kr
Participant
0 Kudos

I replied to one of discussion thread. The content was rejected by an SCN moderator . The reason given was " Don't post just links ."

What should you want me to do -  Copy paste some others content ??

And if there is already a thread available which can answer the  question asked why I should not post the link ??

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Seems perfectly sensible to me. If I see a post that mainly constitutes a link, with no additional useful information, then I reject it with exactly this comment.

Copy paste is an even bigger no-no.

What do I want you to do?

Simple: if the answer to the question can be resolved by a simple search, notify the moderator of the question, with that information. The moderator will then reject the question (if the moderator agrees with your assessment), and direct the original poster to search before asking questions.

Possibly with something like "check this link".

Former Member
0 Kudos

The link can lead to infinite loop if top search result is also linking to same thing, and I'm Feeling Lucky button is pressed.

anshu_lilhori
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Its a very common practice and i am glad that its being followed in other forums as well.

Posting of only links or multiple links without the support of text does not make any sense.

If you can search the answer for the query in the form of link then wouldn't it be better to encourage the poster to do the same.

Please check this blog for more information.

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The reason is absolutely correct...

I am telling what you should do.

You should not just post "check the link" or "check the thread"

You have to give a short discussion about the link...

You have to tell at least the thing which can be found in this link...

Only link = not allowed..

Link with your review and description for the link = allowed..

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if there is already a thread available which can answer the  question asked why I should not post the link ??

Rather than pasting link, ask the user to search and get the same thread.

you can suggest him/her how to find the related discussed threads than pasting links.

Along with link if you provide more text which is relevant that might be accepted.