cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RF transaction - Pick by material for production replenishment.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a requirement from our client to create a new RF transaction for production confirmation of pick TO's by materials.

Current Scenario: production pull list is generated using MF60. transfer Orders are created and will get assigned to a specific queue. The user will then go into Pick by TO(LM05) or system guided pick(Lm07) and confirm these transfer orders after picking the respective TO's.

New requirement:

User wants to perform picking by material. Meaning we want the user to enter the material number. System will then check for open TO's for production replenishment for this material and try to pick the TO's relevant to this material via Rf transactions.

Questions:

1. Is there a standard transaction that can help us with this requirement?

2. if we use custom transaction for this purpose will the user face any issues like locking of TO for picking one material and the second user tries to pick another material from the same TO?

3. Can someone highlight process to follow to acheive this requirement and any pointers to be taken care of while customising.

Any pointers on the above will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

1. Is there a standard transaction that can help us with this requirement?

There is no RF transaction for this requirement.

2. if we use custom transaction for this purpose will the user face any issues like locking of TO for picking one material and the second user tries to pick another material from the same TO?

In system guided picking , if one user is picking the first line item, second user can pick second line item for the same TO, so this can be replicated in your scenario.

3. Can someone highlight process to follow to acheive this requirement and any pointers to be taken care of while customising.
       If two users are picking TO's for same material, dont even allow the second user to see the TO's that are being processed by first user.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

I can see lot of reply and still the thread is open so i am assuming that u r still looking for the right answer if that is so then here is my solution from my viewpoint

1. Is there a standard transaction that can help us with this requiremen.  ------ No standard transaction is having the capability to show the transfer order by material hence you need to design a custom program where user will enter the Material number and system should look for LTAP and find the open transfer order which are specific to destination storage type (100) i am guessing that you are using the SAP standard destination storage type to replenish the material to line side or you can also use the movement type instead of destination storage type

2. if we use custom transaction for this purpose will the user face any issues like locking of TO for picking one material and the second user tries to pick another material from the same TO?  - in my opinion you should create One TO per material to avoid any locking issue.

milind_tapare
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

You need to create Custom RF transaction for picking .

You can use LT24 tcode which can be used to display open TO by material. Rest you can take care by designing customize RF transaction for picking.

Hope this answers your query.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to create TO (to be confirmed) using material staging transaction (LP4* ) and then confirms TO using RF transaction, stated with storage uni (transaction LM03 - scanning barcode of pallet number) or TO number (LM04 - inserting TO number printed using picking list).