cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

debug sapscript

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I want to debug sapscript. I have activated the debugger through utilities menu.

But when I run the report the sapcript is not entering in debug mode.

Do I need to follow any other step.

Regards

Harshada

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It depends what (and how) you're trying to print.

If your print driver program is executable, it should be possible to debug the sapscript form by activating the debugger in SE71 first.

If you're trying to debug the reprint of something like a billing document, activate the debugger via SE71, then launch VF02

Goto > Header > Output

Select an entire row that's already been processed successfully (Green square icon).

Repeat Output

You should see a new entry near the top of your list with a Yellow triangle icon (Not processed).

Highlight that row and make a note of the Output Type (e.g. RD00) and the Transmission Medium (e.g. External Send).

Set the 'Dispatch time' to "Send with periodically scheduled job". Hit 'Enter' then 'Back' then 'Save'.

You should be returned to the VF02 selection screen with a status bar message telling you your document has been saved.

In the same session, navigate to the ABAP Editor via transaction [ /nSE38 ] or [ /nSE80 ].

Execute program RSNAST00.

The selection screen options in this case will be

Output Application = V3 - Billing (because the document we've just reprinted was a billing document, accessed via tcode VF02).

The application may be different in your case if you had tried reprinting a Sales or Shipping document instead.

Object Key = blank.

Output Type and Transmission Medium are the values you took note of earlier (i.e. 'RD00' and 'External Send' respectively).

Execute the program (F8), and you should now see the initial popup screen of the Sapscript Form Debugger.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Keep break points in the print program and do activate the debugger in SE71 and run the script.

Br,

Laxmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

A small popup window has to appear if a SAPScript is triggered to debugging, during the printing.

If this doesn't occur, that means, your SAPScript is not printing any pages, check/debug your printer program.

Regards

Tamá

Former Member
0 Kudos

They are two ways to debug the SAPScript.

1). Use Tools - Word Processing - Layout Set (SE71). Enter name of layout set and then Utilities - Activate Debugger.

It is of no consequence which layoutset you enter when selecting the SAPscript debugger. (Menu path: Tools-Wordprocessing - Forms, Utilities - Activate Debugger) The next layoutset called will invoke the debugger.

2). Another way to set the SAPScript debugger is to run program RSTXDBUG.

When you debug Print program it is same as you debug any other ABAP program.

While when you debug SAPScript, you actually debug the code ( scripting) you have written SAPScript Form.

Regards,

Santosh