cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MS BizTalk connection to SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello colleagues,

Can anyone help me out to configure a connection between SAP and BizTalk Server? I am using SAP ERP 6 EHP6 (IDES) as a SAP instance and MS BizTalk Server 2010 as a BT instance with installed and configured BizTalk Adapter Pack 2.0. To run a demo I have downloaded SAP Adapter Samples from Microsoft website. I have deployed the SendIDOC sample which demonstrates how to send the ORDERS05 IDOC to the SAP system. This sample (according to MS documentation) performs the following operations:
• Picks up an input file dropped at a pre-defined file location.
• Sends the IDOC to the SAP system.
• Receives the response from the SAP system and copies the output XML at another pre-defined file location.

The sample is "almost work" as ORDERS05.txt file disappers from the "MessageIn" directory, but it doesn't appear in the "ResponseOUT" directory (with the response from SAP).

Of course it makes sence as I didn't configure SAP (not RFC nor Partner profile), particularly, because MS documentation doesn't say anything about SAP configuration.

I would be very appreciated for the instructions on how I have to configure SAP RFC and partner profile in order to run this sample.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sumit_goel553
Explorer
0 Kudos

Configure Web service with a logical port in tcode soamanager pointing to web service on biztalk

Creating a logical ports, automatically creates an RFC destination of type G.

Any change in RFC  can be done in the SOA Manager.

rfc can be tested from SM59

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately webDynpro is not configured for this SAP instance. Is there any other ways how it could be done?

0 Kudos

Hi Aleks,

You should registrer a ID Program in the sap gateway of your SAP enviroment to allow communication between Biztalk and SAP. Take a look at nota 353597.

In SAP side, you should create an RFC (for example: BTSIDOC) using the registered ID Program and a logical port using the defined RFC.

BR,

Àlex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Àlex,

What is "registered ID"? Where can I find or create it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aleks

When you create the connection from BitTalk to SAP, you will connect with an ID of some sort.  That ID will register in the SAP Gateway (transaction SMGW).  You need to create an RFC with the ProgramID as the ID in the gateway.  All that is is a handle against which the connection is registered. Then you can test the RFC connectionfrom SAP to BizTalk.  Once the systems are connected at a technical level, then you can look at sending the info from BizTalk.

Regards,

Graham

0 Kudos

Yes that's right.

Alesks, you should register a Program ID in the gateway, following the indicated note and use the same Program ID to create the RFC.

BR,

Àlex