Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing JAVA mapping Code

former_member223432
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Need your help in editing the JAVA mapping code...I know it would be done by some external tool like Eclipse, netweaver studio..I just need to make a small change in the code and reimport the same in PI mapping.

Can someone help me in providing the steps or an easy way of editing the JAVA mapping archives.

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member190624
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Smith,

Java mapping code will be bundled in Imported Archive (Imported Archive will contain .class and .java(optional) files). Download imported archive file (zar file)to local disk.

If .java file is not available in Imported Archive :

Open .class file with Java decompiler and copy code to project in  NWDS or Eclipse tool and do required  modifications

If .java file is available in Imported Archive:

copy .java code to project in  NWDS or Eclipse tool and do required  modifications .

Thanks

Hari.

former_member223432
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Hareesh and Hari.:)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Smith - If the class file is in imported archive then i don't think you can directly edit in ESR.. however you can write a java mapping in ESR directly..

please check the below blog...

If you are on >7.3 then you can make use of NWDS.. explained in the above blog..

You have edit it outside and import the class the file..AFAIK - there is no other way

former_member223432
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks hareesh..

we are using PI 7.1 and class file in imported archive...So i need to edit outside only...Do you know or have any documents in doing this?

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check the below blog -

There is a link to the document at the end..