Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating ODBC-DSN on Netweaver and use in DBCON

marcus_bhme
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have a BW system and need to create an ODBC connection from the BW CI to HANA and to an IQ database.

So I'm able to create the DSN for the ODBC connection on the CI but now I stuck to make this "visible" in the DBCON transaction where I expect this one for further usage.

Can anyone give me a hint therefor?

Many thanks for every hint to get this up and running!

Regards,

Marcus

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

marcus_bhme
Explorer
0 Kudos

So,

just a short update ... this was needed to establish encryption to HANA and SAP recommendation was to set up a ODBC connection where we can set up the connection parameters.

resuming:

1) Using ODBC in DBCO seems not be possible

2) a quiet fresh OSS message is released saying that using the encryption parameters is now possible since SAP Kernel 7.42.

Regards,

Marcus

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Markus

DBCON is there to maintain entries for secondary database connections.

For secondary DB connections you have to have the supported NetWeaver DBSL installed - ODBC is not an option for that.

So, either you find this DBSL (I am currently not aware that there is one available) or you use a different approach, e.g. via OpenHub to integrate IQ with your BW.

Cheers,

Lars

marcus_bhme
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Lars,

SAP provided the following OSS message:

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1983389

So Kernel 7.42 is required - no word about single DBSL which I'm looking for... but a request is already in progress to SAP.

Regards,

Marcus

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marcus

there are plenty of notes on secondary database connections for all flavors of supported database systems available. Searching for sap notes with "DBSL" and/or "secondary database connection" will deliver those to you.

However, ODBC is not supported for that. Not sure why it has to be ODBC for your case, but if you need that, you have to check for "UD connect".

You may wait for support to answer this how to question, but you probably will resolve this thing quicker by a little research on your side.

- Lars