Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP to SFTP

former_member188885
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a FTP to SFTP scenario, where i have to pick files from an FTP or an directory from ECC or PI. The file type will be text. Now PI has to send these files into an SFTP.

I tried to create a SFTP to SFTP scenario for testing purpose and tried to pick the text files. I had created proper mapping objects and the required configuration. But i got error in mapping.when i used OM in the ID. After removing the OM from the ID, the files got picked up and PI was able to drop the files as such. The screen shot of the payload is given below:

But in case of a sender FTP adapter, if i use "File" as the message protocol, will it work? Or how can this be done?

Regards,

Lavanya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

javier_alcubilla
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lavanya

The sender protocol can be different from the receiver. I've used several times FTP to SFTP.

In any case, do you need any kind of transformation?

Regards

Javi

former_member188885
Active Participant
0 Kudos

So in the sender channel, should i use File or FCC? I want to pick text files from an FTP using FTP adapter and drop the text files into an SFTP using SFTP adapter.

I dont want any transformation. Actually currentlty files are being dumped by ECC through ABAP. But since ABAP cant dump files into SFTP, PI is coming to picture.

Should i create any mapping for this?

javier_alcubilla
Contributor
0 Kudos

No, it's no needed.

Use File in both channels

At the Integrated Configuration, under receiver interfaces tab use "dummy" text for name and namespace because are mandatory.

Regards

Javi

former_member188885
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Okay Javier. Thank you for the reply.

I will try it.

Regards,

Lavanya

javier_alcubilla
Contributor
0 Kudos

Check this thread

former_member188885
Active Participant
0 Kudos

So you mean to say that i dont have to create any objects in ESR? I mean not the DT, MT also?

Regards,

Lavanya

javier_alcubilla
Contributor
0 Kudos

Only objects in the ID

Sender channel, Integrated configuration, Receiver Channel

🙂

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lavanya,

It depends upon the requirement you need to create IR objects.  If any validation to be perform to source xml then you need to create IR objects.  Otherwise you can handle it without IR.

If it is a simple pick and drop the files from one location to other location you don't need IR objects.

Thanks,

Satish.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188885
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Javier. It worked.