cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting SAP Lumira Cloud to SAP BO Mobile 5.1 for Android Device

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I created a report in SAP Lumira Personal edition,uploaded it to SAP Lumira Cloud free edition and now want to access it with the SAP BO Mobile on my Android device which I downloaded from Google PlayStore.

Logging into SAP BO Mobile I see 'Import from Server' option where I entered the lumira cloud address https://cloud.saplumira.com because this is where my report resides which I want to see in my hand held.I see some certificate errors and I have no idea how to go about this.

Any suggestion would be of great help.

Reply Awaited.

Regards

Niyati

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What type of device? Is it a tablet?

I know Lumira Cloud doesn't support iPhone now, only iPad/tablets

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,

Thanks for the quick response.

Its an Android Phone by Samsung where SAP BO Mobile downloaded successfully but I see no provision of SAP Lumira Cloud.

Regards,

N

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My take/opinion (without looking at the PAM) is that Lumira Cloud does not support the phone, similar to the way it doesn't support the iPhone

An alternative (I haven't tried) is to publish to Lumira Server, which I understand supports the iPhone (not sure about Android phone)

Tammy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok! Thanks yet again for the reply Tammy.

Since I'm novice with Lumira Server.Can you tell me the basic difference between these Lumira Server and Lumira Cloud? Do both use same credentials or separate registration is needed?

Regards

N

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check blog on Lumira Server

Good luck - I am not an expert on Lumira Server

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Lumira Server and Lumira Cloud are essentially the same solution,  but one infrastructure is hosted by SAP as an on-demand 'software as a service' (i.e. Cloud.)  and is subscription based.

whereas Server, requires an on-premise HANA system hosted by the customer. This is an enterprise licensed product and subject to support & maintenance agreements.

Regards,

H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks! Will go through!

Regards

N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henry,

Thanks for the crisp distinction between the two.

Got your point.

Regards,

N

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

james_batchelor2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

There is not a native Play App for Lumira Cloud.. however I am able to use Chrome on my Tablet to access cloud.saplumira.com

I get a couple certificate errors...but it seems to log in.

I using a Sony Xepria Z Tablet on 4.3 Android.

Using Chrome Browser.

On my phone   Sony Xperia ion  running Android 4.1.2  and Chrome..was able to use log in, and use the stories I pushed up.

Its hard to do on the phone b/c of size..but if you build with phone in mind..maybe ok.

Again I get the same certificate errors..but go through them.

jim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jim,

Thanks for sharing your experience with that - what errors were you receiving for the certificate?

//bijan

james_batchelor2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

So when I initially land on cloud.saplumira.com

I get a Site Security Certificate is not trusted.  Chrome on PC doesn't throw this, only on my Androids.

Proceed Anyway

Press Log On button

A window comes up saying No Certificates Found

Asking to install a certificate from PKCS#12 file with .pfx or .p12 extension..

if you hit Install...window pops up again..  and again.. Chrome is expecting there to be a local file to install.. which there is not.

Hit Cancel

You get the Log On panel...  and it goes through.

jim