Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't change objects in (production) Enterprise Service Builder

maartenf
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are experiencing a problem in our production Enterprise Service Builder of PI 7.11, I would like to change the operation mapping, but I'm not able to edit this object (problem doesn't occur in our Development ESR). I'm not sure in which direction I should look for an answer...

UC:

We had to develop a communication scenario where we had to include some user credentials in the SOAP header. This was implemented via a XSLT mapping. However the values we have to include in the header are different on dev and prod (obviously), so we need a way to change these values in our production communication scenario.

afaik i see these possible solutions:

- Is it possible to create a XSLT mapping which behaves differently depending on the system? Or is it better to use a different kind of mapping?

- Should I be able to change the operation mapping on our production system? Is this an authorisation error, system setting? (remember it's possible to change this on our dev system, we checked this and it looked like I had the same authorisations on D and P)

- other solutions? (I'm not sure what the best practice is regarding these situations...)

Thanks in advance!

Maarten

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Normally the best practice is to make changes in DEV and then transport it to Production.

But there is a option by which we can change in Prod also. Change the SWCV in ESR in prod like below

Select objects are modifiable check box.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

maartenf
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Indrajit and NageswaraRao,

Indeed, it is always best to do changes in development and transport to production, but in the case of these XSLT mappings, I find it a bit devious to change development, transport and finally change development again to initial state. In test phase, this could be very time consuming...

@Indrajit I wasn't aware of this setting at SWCV level, just tried it and it seems to work!

Thank you very much guys!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maarten,

Yes, you can change the production system Operation Mapping as Indra said, but best practice is doing in Development.

Do like this.

1. First change the XSLT mapping in Dev, using user credentials of Production server.activate the mapping and export to prod without testing.

2. Then change the Dev mapping settings back to previous.

Regards,

Nagesh.