cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

drawbacks of SAP Lumira

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone give me the drawbacks of SAP Lumira?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

that's an unfortunately negative way to approach thigns..

what are you trying to assess?  tool positioning?

i think we would much rather talk about 'what it can do', rather than 'what it can't'..

also, it would help if you could add some context, what are you comparing it with?

what's your perspective, or point of reference first?

Regards,

H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to compare it with other visualization tools - like SAP Dashboards, for instance.

That way I'd be able to know what Lumira cannot offer that Dashboards can.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think that is the way to go as the designer/consumer audiences are different

Lumira is self service - designer and consumer of dashboard/story are the same

Dashboards - typically designer is different than consumer

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

OK, let's start with:   Dashboards can't do "data discovery and exploration" like Lumira?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Considering you are experts in Lumira and I am just a novice, I think it would be better for you to explain the pros and cons of visualization tools vs Lumira, in a way that even people who have not used various other visualization tools would be able to understand better.

Thank you.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But even before discussing features, I recommend looking at use cases

Who is designing the dashboard?

Who is consuming the dashboard?

Two different people in Lumira and Dashboards

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I understand, and that's why i was encouraging an active discourse, rather than 'blacklisting' shortcomings. 

SAP itself does have official 'solution briefs' where you can read up on the positioning of the applications/solutions.

As Tammy says, a dashboards are IT-delivered content ontop of highly-summarized data.

Lumira is a self-service data discovery, with powerful charting capabilities. (IT is not needed to deliver content)   The new paradigm is "infopgraphics" rather than "dashboards"

regards

H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your replies.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aparajitha, can you please mark an answer as correct (and helpful ones, if any) to close this discussion. Thank you.

//bijan

Answers (0)