Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Role Owner Determination - MSMP

former_member187795
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In BRF+ role owner determination i have a scenario where i need to determine role owner of one role based on role owner of another role.

Let's say

If role owner of Role A is X, then make the same person as approver for Role B

If role owner of Role A is Y, then make the same person as approver for Role B

Can this condition be incorporated into BRF+ agent rule decision table?

Please help with your inputs.

Regards,

Sai.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member193066
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

How you are determining role owner of 1 role?

dont think its possible.unless you create multiple agent and path.

like first routing rule based on 1st role owner. then route it to a stage where you have that agent as approver for the request.

Regards,

Prasant

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

if you can map the logic out you can build it in BRF+

former_member187795
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Colleen,

As you know our approach was using Position and Control roles, we thought to use a BRF+ logic where owner of control role would be used a owner of Position role. But since we are planning to go by Business roles this requirement is ruled out, but i will try to come up with some logic to understand how this scenario could be implemented. I will give a try in BRF+ and will post my analysis so that based on that i can get guidance from the forum.

Thanks & Regards,

Sai.

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sai

okay - makes a little bit of sense. Good luck with figuring out your process flow. I recommend you go with pen and paper and map out the different scenarios to you capture them in BRF+ (remember to make sure you have a catch all)

below are links to some of the SCN GRC items that have had more complicated BRF+ requirements. They won't 100% cover what you are after but you can get an idea of what others have been able to do:

Regards

Colleen