cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client copy to another server

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to copy client from one server to another server.I beleive i can use client export/import for the copy but my question is that did i need to do any connection between two servers??

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Samson,

For an e.g If you are using two system landscape i.e DEV & PRD system .Then perform below steps to maintain TMS in your landscape.

1.On DEV server ---> Use client 000 with user DDIC/<password>.

2.Execute SE06 --> Choose std system installation & perform post installation actions.

3.Execute STMS & maintain/save it as a domain controller.

4.Under STMS --> system overview maintain a virtual system entry for PRD & maintain transport routes

On PRD end:

1.Execute STMS & choose to add in transport domain controller.

Hope this will help you,also you'll get lots of step by step execution material to maintain TMS on internet.

Regards,

Gaurav

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Samson,

For client export/import procedure, you do not need any RFC destination.

It is not mandatory to have share or have common transport directory for both the system.

When you perform client export , 3 or 2 Transport files will be created.

You may copy the cofiles and data files to target system data and cofiles folders respectively.

Perform the import and post import activities on target system.

Point to note: Ensure both source and target are of same SAP release and have same patch level.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to maintain Transport management system for your landscape system to perform export/import of client.

How do i maintain TMS in the system??

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Tx STMS

Regards

RB

0 Kudos

I think it is not necessary.

You can copy manually cofiles/data files to the trans target directory and Add the transport order.

Àlex

0 Kudos

Hello Samson,

There is the possibility to execute the export/import by remote mode.

In these case, RFC connection is required cause the copy is done from source to the target directly.

From my point of view is better to generate export files and importem them in the target.

BR,

Àlex

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Samson,

You need to maintain Transport management system for your landscape system to perform export/import of client.

Thanks,

Gaurav

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

What matters is the transport directory for client export and import.

When you do a client export and import the data is exported from the source system to the transport directory.

You then import the data into the target system with the help of the transport files.

What is required here is the transport directory should be accessible to both the systems and also there should be sufficient space in the directory to export the client.

Regards

RB