Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USMM Technical User exclusion ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm confused when reading note 1402837 "Info USMM/LAW: SAP users excluded in the measurement".

In the section "2) Technical User Types (non-dialog user)" :

• For security reasons, we recommend that you use technical user master records for some scenarios. These are displayed in the user list and you can classify them manually there. These non-dialog users who are classified as users subject to charge are then counted as dialog users in accordance with the classification by the measurement program.

I don't know what it means by "use technical user master records". Is it the last tab in SU01 or it is a button/feature in USMM or LAW ?

In addition, what are the "some scenarios" in which technical will be charged ? Is there any document or a complete list ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wei-Shang,

You're right this isn't the best explanation.  The way I have always read this is as follows...

By technical user master record it means any non-dialog user (communication, service and system users) that is not a named user.  This is the "User Type" on the "Logon" tab.

The "some scenarios" refer to certain circumstances where you may have, for example, a communications user that is being used to interface documents into SAP and therefore consuming a Professional or Custom license.  If you have some of these types of user then the best thing to do is check with your SAP Account Manager who will be able to advise or put you onto someone within the licensing team who can.

Hope this helps.

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wei-Shang,

You're right this isn't the best explanation.  The way I have always read this is as follows...

By technical user master record it means any non-dialog user (communication, service and system users) that is not a named user.  This is the "User Type" on the "Logon" tab.

The "some scenarios" refer to certain circumstances where you may have, for example, a communications user that is being used to interface documents into SAP and therefore consuming a Professional or Custom license.  If you have some of these types of user then the best thing to do is check with your SAP Account Manager who will be able to advise or put you onto someone within the licensing team who can.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Patrick,

Thanks for your explanation.