Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Window Plug

former_member192842
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm a beginner in web dynpro ABAP and need some help in understanding the use of window plug.

I have been going through certain standard examples

1. WDT_COMPONENTDETAIL

2. WDT_EXT_MAP_REUSE_R

In first example, there is a single widow and a single view against it. But still there is window outbound plug created and a navigation link to view has been created.

In second example, there is a single widow and a single view against it. But there is no window outbound plug created.

Why and based on what these differences occur?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Please find the my explanation as below

Component: WDT_COMPONENTDETAIL

• Here the outbound plug 'TOBOOKINGS' in window is created to navigate to the view BOOKINGS as soon as application starts i.e. Window can have many out bound plugs and when you start application you can navigate to respective views by firing the plugs
  • You can see , that the outbound plug is fired in inbound plug DEFAULT of window and hence when you start the application the view BOOKINGS gets loaded into the WINDOW

Component: WDT_EXT_MAP_REUSE_R

• This component is not used as a stand alone component, i.e., you can see the context node SFLIGHT has been marked as interface and also it accepts data Only from other component where this is used as component usage
  • The data to this component is supplied through the external mapping from other component

In general, the inbound & outbound plugs are created and navigation links are done for navigating based on business requirement from one view to other view.

Also, if you create plugs in window and mark it as interface, you can fire the plug from other component if it is used as component usage.

There is not necessary that every view, window should have its plugs.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Rama

former_member192842
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ramakrishnappa,

Thanks for the reply.

I have 2 queries regarding the same

In the Component: WDT_COMPONENTDETAIL, there is only one view and window. Also it is possible to navigate to the view without creating an window outbound plug.  Then why outbound plug was explicitly created. Whether there is any specific reason or it is used just to demonstrate an example.

Also Component: WDT_COMPONENTDETAIL has context which is marked as interface. The interface context is just for accepting the input from other component. So whether this also can be considered as an component usage?

Regards

Anand

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Q1:

Actually plugs are created in window to make use them as interface plugs when the component is used in other comp where window will be the interface view and plugs are used for navigation.

Also, as Default inbound plug is the entry point for the application & let us say we have many views inside window,  now we can navigate to any view by using plugs of window as discussed earlier.

But in this particular component it may not be necessary to have out bound plug as it has only one view inside it. So it just created to demonstrate.

Q2:

When you mark a context node as interface node, we can either pass data within the component or outside the component.

But when you check "Ext. Input element", the context node accepts the data from only external mapping and cannot be set within the component.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Rama

Answers (0)