cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Control authorization for users with certain status for level 2 WBS Element

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Is there any standard way or enhancement available to control authorization for users with certain status for WBS Element i.e. for example

Pre-requisite:

There is only 2 level of project i.e.

Lev_ WBSE_______Description

1___ 7-14.E_______summay outage controller

2___ 7-14.E.2310__ Plant/unit # 2310

2___ 7-14.E.2310__ Plant/unit # 2220

Project Controller  (authorization role assigned "Z_PS_OP7_OTGCON_C") have all project level authorization

Plant/Unit Controller (authorization role assigned "Z_PS_OP7_PLNTOTG_C_2310") have only level 2 authorization with enhancement that we did in system by Z table.

User ID_ Plant #

123345_ 2310

122455_ 2220

Issue:

After System Status released and User Status approved the WBS basic date for Plant/Units should be restricted from updating/changing by Plant/Unit Controller level and only project controller should have this authority.

Solution required: 

Can any one tell how to control this scenario either by standard or enhancement available to control authorization

BR

Saqib Usman   

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Saqib usman

by standard its not possible but through enhancements its possible

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vijay Hebbal,

Can you please let me know which enhancement / exit etc. = name available to use?

Waiting for your reply.

BR

Saqib Usman

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

varshal_kachole3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you explore SAP Enhancement CNEX0002 Using Transaction CMOD?

Thank you and regards,

Varshal Kachole

The SCN Rules of Engagement

former_member189209
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

please take help of BASIS team (for authorisation) and try Project system Validation/ Enhancement - exit - with Help 
of ABAPer

Mahesh

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Search for few use exits on project saving ( as PROJECTDEF_UPDATE) and schedule for a background job on locking the project master data,dates,account assignment etc. with the help of abaper.

Develop your logic and check your authorizations accordingly.

Thanks.