Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apache issue in Content Server 6.40 installation

Cinu
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are installing content server 6.40 in HP Unix 11i v3. We have downloaded Apache 2.0.65. As per SAP Note 664384 we tried to install Apache but failed in step 'configure' apache. We got error ''configure not found"  . We already stuck with this. Please suggest a solution so that we can go forward. Waiting for valuable comments.

Regards,

Cinu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Cinu,

Please refer to document below and check whether you can completed all the relevant steps.

Hope this helps

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Cinu
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Deepak,

Thank you for the help. We have problem in compiling and creating binaries. We found GCC compiler is missing in our system. When I check installed compiler by given command

swlist -l product | grep -i compiler

COMPLIBS              B.11.31        Compiler Support Libraries

PHCO_42454            1.0            Linker/Compiler/Unwind ENG Manpage Patch

PHCO_42463            1.0            linker/compiler/unwind Japanese manpage patch

PHSS_38155            1.0            bundled PA C compiler on IPF

Shall I go with installl GCC compiler?

Former Member
0 Kudos

it is recommended to compile using GCC.

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Cinu,

You need to have 64-bit compiler for your environment. You may download the same from below link

http://hpux.connect.org.uk/hppd/answers/4-4.html

You can use the 64-bit C++ compliler and use to to build apache.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Cinu
Participant
0 Kudos

hi Deepak,

As per your guidance we tried to install GCC package, gcc-4.2.3-ia64-11.31.depot.gz . when we run ./configure command it says 'c compiler not found.

Can we get a compiled apache ready to use with HP-UNIX?

We can able to find a preinstalled apache in HP unix. Can we able to use the same for our purpose? Looking for a suggestion.

Regards,

Cinu

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Cinu,

what you need is C++ runtime 64-bit compiler for which I shared the link. Could you download the same and deploy it.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Cinu
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Deepak,

I have installed the same package you specified. Now ./configure, make & make install commands are working for me. but it gives errors for me. Should I set any environment variables in addition to LDFLAGS.

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Cinu,

What is the error message you get ?

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Cinu
Participant
0 Kudos

error says 'can not create executables'.

Is there any pre-compiled APACHE available for HP Unix?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Cinu
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Deepak,

We were unable to go further with the HP Unix- Content server. We got a new windows server & completed installation. Thanks for your suggestions. We will follow the suggestions in our next HP-Unix-- Content Server.

Thanks and Regards

Cinu

Former Member
0 Kudos

I hope you have gone through the CS installation guide https://service.sap.com/~form/sapnet?_FRAME=CONTAINER&_OBJECT=011000358700003422652006E&_SCENARIO=01... and completed the pre-reqs.

Cinu
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Thanks for the reply. We are using the same document for installation. Our issue is with apache  compiling by 'configure' step.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you using the gcc tool to compile?