cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client export-import profile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

We are planning for import/export activity. Export the QAS data to another server.

In that case I want to copy only users, roles & authorization and developer configuration. Not need to any master data.

There is number of profiles seen in SCC8, so as per my requirement which profile I will take for export in QAS?

Please advise

Our environment is ECC 6.0, Oracle 10.2g, HP-UNIX 11.31

Regards,

Ajay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

The copy profile options are specified in the below link with the description of each profile.

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/99/0a2a887e2511d2a6250000e82deaaa/content.htm

If your requirement cannot be achieved with the above options then check whether SAP TDMS solution can deliver you that.

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thanks to all of you for valuable suggestion.

From above all post; get profile option -

SAP_CUST

SAP_USER & SAP_CUST

SAP_UCUSV

We have QA system & TEST (as like PRD) system, Both systems have their own client-specific data. Our developers have made a lot of customization in QA system. Now we have make a plan that create one more client in TEST system and copy QA client to new client in TEST system (without any change to original client). In this case we want to copy only users, role & authorization profiles and customizing data which done by developers only. Not required any other data which made by users in daily activity.

So shall we go for client import/ export  with SAP_USER & SAP_CUST method?

Regards,

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your query is really confusing us!!!

We have QA system & Test system

So no Development

Our developers have made a lot of customization in QA system

So developers are directly working in QA

we want to copy only users, role & authorization profiles and customizing data which done by developers only

Customizing data is client dependant, Development is client independent (Means cross client customization).

If you copy your cross client customization to any of the other system, it will overwrite your client dependant objects in target!

Explain your requirement in more detail so that experts can give you the feasible options (May be I am wrong in understanding your requirement).

Regards,

Nick Loy

Syamkriz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

Follow this

1) Create new client in TEST system.

2) Copy from QA client to TEST with proflie SAP_UCUSV. This will bring your users, authorization data , some part of developements/customizing ( client specific)

3) Other part of development/customizing ( cross-client) you have to identify and transport to new TEST client that you created. For this trace all the cross client transports created by your developers. Let us know if the developers has done it directly on QA system without creation of transport.

Thanks and Regards,

Syam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

By the profile SAP_CUST you will get only client specific customizing.

As per your question, you are saying you need only ABAPer changes. That is client independent.

To get the client independent changes, you have list out all the TR's created by your ABAPer's and import them into new system by moving to those TR(data and cofiles into new sytem).

Regards

Sudhir Sadhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Other part of development/customizing ( cross-client) you have to identify and transport to new TEST client that you created

What about the existing client's data? if you transport cross client customizing to newly created client?

Regards,

Nick Loy

mstitsel
Active Participant
0 Kudos

SAP_UCUSV is the correct profile in your case.

Regards,

Marco

Syamkriz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

Ajay dont need client transaction data to be moved or refreshed. He needs only 'users, role & authorization profiles and customizing data'.

Thanks and Regards,

Syam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nick,

Our landscape is ECC DEV-QAS-PRD. We have also another system which is copy of PRD; so its is called as TEST system. This system is standalone.

One of project is going on on this TEST system and for that consultants are use QAS as a development because of latest transaction data available.

Now we have plan to make a new client in TEST and use this client for developers. So export client from QAS to TEST new client.

But we don't need any transaction data from QAS

Now are you understand my requirement 

Regards,

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mr Syam,

Thanks for your comments.

Developers are created transport requests on QAS and then we copy this request on TEST

We have done system refresh on TEST system from live production copy. So TEST system have its own client 600 and now we will make new client 800 for developers. It mean that developers are work on 800 and then transport request to 600. I think you understand what we should do or our activity.

As per your suggestion, if we have done - Copy from QA client to TEST with proflie SAP_UCUSV.

It should be change/effect on exiting client 600 or transaction data of TEST system?

Regards,

Ajay

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

If you trigger a local client copy from 600 to 800 then changes are done in the target client.

There won't be any changes done to the source client which is 600.

Regards

RB

Syamkriz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

@RB agree @Ajay - please follow RB

Syamkriz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

@Marco Agree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mr RB,

Agreed with you.

I will plan to create local client copy from 000 to 800 in TEST system and then export client from QAS to client 800 in TEST system.

But as per your suggestion,  -  i will create local client copy from 600 to 800 and whatever new development are made on QAS, transport that requests in client 800.

Please correct if i am wrong

Regards,

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

Thanks !!

As you said, SAP_UCUSV is the correct profile but when i check in system this type of profile are not available in list. Please see the attachment.

Is it possible to create new profile for export? Please clarify

Regards,

Ajay

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

The profile which I mentioned earlier was SAP_UCSV. Sorry for my typo error.

Go ahead with this profile.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Ajay

If your requirement is to create a new client called 800 for the developers on the test system then create a new client in the test system.

Now decide which data you want. Do you want the data from QA client or the client 600 on the test system ?

If you or the developers want the data from the test system client 600 then schedule a local client copy.

If you or the developers want the data from the QA system client then do a client export and import.

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mr RB,

Thanks for your valuable suggestion. I have one new query and sorry for post here.

We have ECC landscape as DEV - QAS - PRD. After complete the previous activity, we have plan to client copy from PRD to DEV (only customization). Then in this activity we have transport all requests from DEV to QAS and then export client from PRD to DEV with profile SAP_CUST.

In this case, please guide for any prerequisite and give suggestion for any challenges

Regards,

Ajay

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

We have ECC landscape as DEV - QAS - PRD. After complete the previous activity, we have plan to client copy from PRD to DEV (only customization). Then in this activity we have transport all requests from DEV to QAS and then export client from PRD to DEV with profile SAP_CUST.

As you are creating a new client in Development , there is no such pre-requisites. Ensure that client is created before you initiate the client copy. You may copy the users from existing development client or create them manually using SU01.

As the client exists in the same development system, all cross client objects will be still available for use in the new client.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your TEST is a copy of production why don't you just create Developer Ids in TEST and ask them to work directly in TEST instead of creating another client?

Anyway you will have a control over object changes (if you set your client settings to automatic recording of changes).

All other development which was done in QAS can be transported to TEST before they start working directly in TEST (for new developments).

The scenario is making your landscape inconsistency because you are doing your project specific development in QAS which is not there in your actual Development. What will you do once your project is live, how you will sync your changes in Development box? How you are performing your UAT, QA in your current QAS box (As you have regular changes flowing from Dev and project changes directly being done in QAS)???

Regards,

Nick Loy

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Deepak,

DEV system have existing client 600 and its used by our developers and PRD also have client 600.

I want to copy PRD client (only customization) to DEV existing client 600.

So my query is that, in client copy i will go with profile SAP_CUST, it will overwrite existing client 600 of DEV system.

In this case need any perquisite or new challenge occurred.

Please guide

Regards,

Ajay

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

So my query is that, in client copy i will go with profile SAP_CUST, it will overwrite existing client 600 of DEV system. In this case need any perquisite or new challenge occurred.

If you perform client copy on existing client with SAP_CUST profile, it will overwrite client specific contents on that client.

You need to check within your team with developers and functional whether it is ok to overwrite.

Ideally we do not overwrite any client in DEV unless it is a unit test client with PRD configuration.

Incase we want to do it, we need to take consensus from the team and full backup before doing any work on target system

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mr Deepak,

Thanks for your answer Can we go with below steps:-

1. Released pending requests in DEV & then transport that requests to QAS

2. Then export PRD client to DEV with profile SAP_CUST

3. And then copy cofiles and data files from QAS to DEV which transported in point 1

Is it OK and there is any space contain issue in export and import client?

Regards,

Ajay

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

Is there any specific reason for re-importing the TRs back to DEV ?

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Yes, because before client export/import, new development is going on DEV and if that requests are not transported to QAS & PRD and its required again in DEV so need to re-import again for process. This concern by our developers

Could you please confirm that at time of export/import space concern required

I will go with only configuration profile so whether i will check the space size in source system?

Regards,

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mr Nick,

Good observation by you. As earlier i said one project is going on and expectation date for complete this is not sure and its completely separate project and they have use our QAS for development.

Consultant doing their development in QAS & if its tested OK in QAS and  then transport on TEST server for function team.

So i want remove their development from QAS and give them on TEST server with new client for development. Doing for system refresh on QAS from PRD and make standard landscape

Regards,

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Even in this case best option would be - Move all the developments from QAS to test and then create a new client where developers will work (without doing much work/client copy etc.).

Post that, a standard QA refresh (PRO->QAS) will make your landscape consistent.

Regards,

Nick Loy

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Ajay

Based on your requests and replies I believe you are getting confused and misguided by the people in the company you work for. (No offence)

What is the reason behind a client copy from PRD to DEV ?

Bear in mind that refreshing the DEV system with the copy of PRD system is not according to the SAP standard practice and not recommended.

130906 - How can versions be transported?

When you replace the development system data with the production data you will lose all the version history unless you retain them.

It appears to me that an inexperienced development team is providing you these suggestions.

Keeping a consistent landscape is the most important thing.

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mr RB,

Thanks for your valuable answer.

As of queries, I have received knowledge & help from all of you expert and got it what should be do.

Thanks !!!

Regards,

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

could you please tell me..why you are using this client export and import method.???

if you have any spacific resons for this client exp/imp..you can do which profiles you need ,that profile you can choose and do..

Now a days many of company perfer system refresh or system copy....

Thank you

Mahendran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mr Mahendra,

We have done quarterly system refresh form PRD to QA , in that case all data are copied with users made by on daily basis.

I go for client export/import because i want only users, role & authorization profile and customization by developers.

Regards,

Ajay

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

Perform client copy using SAP_UCUSV . This will copy user masters , customizing and variants.

For cross client objects best option is to transport them to new environment ( to avoid any junk data being moved to new environment).

If you go with system copy method as explained in response above, you will get all the data from QAS to new environment.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

By Developer configuration i believe you meant Client-specific customizing.

If that is the case you can have a Remote client copy using SAP_USER and then with SAP_CUST.

Check the below link for clarification.

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/99/0a2a887e2511d2a6250000e82deaaa/content.htm

regards

Sandy Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need everything other than the master data which is not possible with a client copy method.

SAP_CUST can copy the client specific customizing and the authorization profile data.

Post that you have to sync your cross client customizing manually.

You may look at other tools (SAP TDMS) which have these capabilities!

Regards,

Nick Loy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

Using SAP_USER profile you will get only the user master data, roles and authorization profiles.

As per your question, your requirement is to get the client independent data also.

So, you have to follow system refresh procedure. There are two ways:

1.) Database backup and restore method.

2.) Export/Import using sapinst method.

Check this link for clear understanding:

Regards

Sudhir Sadhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sudhir,

Thanks for your reply. But we want only developer configuration; Not required any master data.

for that which profile will be export

Regards,

Ajay  

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

As per my knowledge, there is no such profile to get the client independent data.

The only way to get client independent data is to follow any of the above two methods.

Regards

Sudhir Sadhu