Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display Dynamic Column data from ABAP Report in WDA

pramod_gopisetty1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Guru's,

For one of the requirement, we need to mimic the ABAP Report in WDA.

And with in ABAP report there are some dynamic columns created based on date range.

and also a check box, when checked should return information on employees reporting to the manager, if not retrieve data for all employees.

Development Approach

I am using WDR_SELCT_OPTIONS and SALV_WD_TABLE Components.

In View 1 using WDR_SELECT_OPTIONS creating the Selection screen, same as ABAP report.

And on click of button reading the data from selection screen and calling report using

Submit report name exporting list to memory

Once done I have using Function LIST_FROM_MEMORY to read the data

and then converting the data into ASCI format to display. When converting the data to ASCI format I am just seeing | or - symbols but not the data.

issue1: Not able to pass the checkbox value to report.

Issue2: since the output is dynamic I am not able to define a structure or dynamically populate the table without knowing how many columns will be there.

please help in getting the data in ASCI format and display it ALV table in WDA.

Thanks,

Pramod

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can create ALV dynamic in WDA: Check this doc: Dynamic ALV in WDA

Or you can use ITS to show ABAP list output in browser.

Regards,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

Just 2 cents on another possible approach, provided that all columns are known and we can wrap the business logic of the report to a Function Module (for example), we can use POWL to achieve the requirement with less efforts.

- Use checkbox in selection screen

- Dynamically set the columns to be displayed.

Developer's Guide - UI Frameworks Based on Application Server ABAP - SAP Library

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/90838640-02b9-2d10-71a2-c3eb6b881...

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/Found/POWER+List

Hope it helps. Cheers!