cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

file not getting deleted when processing with sender FTP channel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The sender FTP channel is not deleting the file from source directory for the 1st time when its polled but deleting when its running for the 2nd time, tough i have given processing mode as delete. the file is getting picked and processed but its been deleted only when the second time polling is happening. so because of this we are receiving the same files 2 times.

**The files which we are receiving are a full size files for the both times we receive.

**They are having all the properties and authorities from the site.

But still failing to delete the file for the 1st time when its polled. below are the processing parameters which i have given

Quality of service: Exactly once

poll intervel (secs): 180

Processing mode: DELETE

Empty file handling: do not Create Message

File type :binary

can some one help me in resolving this issue .

Regards,

Chandra.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

This is routine problem we face in file processing sometimes.

you can refer these threads.

https://scn.sap.com/thread/1315976

Still if you face the problem, then revert me back,

Regards,

Nagesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

actually this scenario is having 2 flows as given below 
Flow 1 : File(NFS) to FTP (Async)

Flow 1: here FTP is at receiver side
step-1: PI has to delete all existing files in FTP server
step-2: PI has to place Request file in FTP

Flow 2: FTP to NFS  (Async)

Flow 2: here FTP is at sender side

step-1: PI has to Delete request file which is placed in flow-1 in FTP server
Step-2: PI has to pick and delete response file generated in FTP server

this is my scenario can any one explain how can we do this. and in this  2nd flows im facing the deleting problem which i mentioned above the 2nd time deleting issue.

Regards,

Chandra.

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra

Now that you mentioned there are 2 flows, I understand your scenario a bit better.

It is possible that while the 1st flow is writing the file to the FTP server, the 2nd flow is picking it up (and trying to delete it when it's done picking.)

For your 1st flow, can you make the setting to use a temporary file name when writing to the FTP server.

From your earlier reply, looks like deleting by 2nd flow work if you place the file on the FTP server manually but not if it's generated by 1st flow. Hopefully this will solve your problem.

Rgds

Eng Swee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Just curious to know why you have used two flow for a file to file scenario?

They belong to same interface or different interface??

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

May be the file is being written when the PI try to poll it. You can set a value in Msecs to Wait Before Modification Check (Configuring the Sender File Adapter - Advanced Adapter Engine - SAP Library) to avoid this problem.

Also, try to monitor the first poll in the communication channel monitoring if there is any exception.

Regards.

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"MSec to wait" is only available for the File (NFS) Protocol and not for FTP.

This parameter is applicable only for the File adapter. If you enter a value in this field when configuring the sender FTP adapter, it will have no effect.

Most likely for your case, as mentioned by Inaki, the file is still being written on the FTP server. When using the sender FTP channel, it is very important to request for the sending application to write the file there using a temporary filename, and only rename it once the file is complete. This will prevent PI picking up a partially complete file when it is being written. This will also avoid the deleting (or archiving) issue above.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eng Swee,

The sender server is writing the file only once because the timestamp is same for the file placed in the folder at source location

We are getting same content 2 times..no partial file..We have tried to pick the file after 15min after it placed at source...even then it has not been deleted first time and is deleted 2nd time .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Inaki,

there are no exceptions while monitoring, the file is running fine and getting delivered successfully.

The only issue is file at source end is not getting deleted for the 1st time when its polling.

tried with Msecs but no luck . as mentioned by Eng Swee may be its not applicable for  FTP

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra

Can you confirm the following?

- Confirm with sender application if they are writing the file directly with the "final" filename (which matches PI sender channel file criteria) or they are using temporary filename method?

- Can you check in the PI adapter engine payload of both messages (1st and 2nd time) and see if both are same?

- Is it a large file?

Rgds

Eng Swee

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra

Does this happen every time? How frequent is the polling interval?

Can you try to stop the FTP channel, place the file there, then restart the channel?

Rgds

Eng Swee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eng Swee,

yes this is happening every time i poll ,polling interval is 180 sec

yes i tried to stop channel and place a file manually in FTP server then its picking for the first time and deleting but the file which is generated by the server is not getting deleted for the 1st time. i also explained my scenario in other reply plz go through it as well..