cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The UUID daemon (uuidd) is not active (code 30256)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I installed a SAP system in a Suse (SLES 11 SP3) with Oracle DB 11.2g (11.2.0.3). The first time I log in the system it show me an error. In SICK transaction I see the following error:

The UUID daemon (uuidd) is not active (code 30256). Check SAP note 1391070.

Severe problems were detected during initial system check.

Please, do not use that system before fixing these problems.

I read the SAP note 1391070, but I´m with some doubts regarding the described solution in that sap note. As I said before I´m running a SLES 11 (SP3) so for the activation of uuid daemon it said:

"SLES 11 SP1 or higher: You simply need to install the sapconf RPM package (this is necessary for SAP installations anyhow). The package sapconf incorporates the dependencies to uuid-runtime and performs the README.SUSE.uuidd instructions above automatically. The sapconf package is already installed if you install SLES 11 SP1 or higher as described in note 1310037."

I believe I will need to install the sapconf. In Software Management there is available the sapconf package (3.1-0.6.1)... but when I select this package it show me the following Warning window:

Can you help me to understand what´s this... can you tell me what I need to do to correct this issue?

Thank you,

samid raif

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deinstall ulimit package and install sapconf instead. For more info please read SAP Note 1275776 - Linux: Preparing SLES for SAP environments.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Roman N,

That´s it!

I install the sapconf package and deinstall the ulimit package as is mentioned in SAP note that you said (1275776 - Linux: Preparing SLES for SAP environments) in the following section:

Known Problems

The parameters, set by sapinit/sapconf are partially overridden when
installing the SLES "ulimit" RPM package. Hence it is adviced to not install the "ulimit" RPM package when running SAP software on SLES.

Thank you very much.

Kind regards,

samid raif

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The UUID daemon (uuidd) is not active (code 59999). Check SAP note 1391070" error. however i got the exact solution here, Please try for your issue as well. It might solve your problem as well.

http://expertisenpuru.com/2-commands-to-install-and-unable-uuidd-in-suse-linux/

Former Member
0 Kudos

please try to start below service using root

sevice uuidd start

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samid,

You can retry doing below.

service uuid stop

service uuid start

chkconfig uuid on

If you have root acess then the note (1310037 ) explains to to install the sapconf package.

Regards,

Deepanshu Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Deepanshu Sharma,

But as I explain in my first message whenever I try to install the sapconf package through the Software Management of SUSE linux, it show me a warning with some information of conflicts and this doesn´t allow me to install the package!

It tells me if I want install the sapconf package I will need to uninstall the ulimit package first.

This is the main problem here, so I don´t understand how can I solve this problem because of that!

Any tips?

Kind regards,

samid raif

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samid,

With your request I'm in understanding that you don't have seprate unix team. Can you please provide the screenshot of error please.

Can you use below link to install OS and SAP

https://www.suse.com/documentation/sles_for_sap/singlehtml/sles_for_sap_guide/sles_for_sap_guide.htm...

Regards,

Deepanshu Sharma

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I believe that´s not necessary to install the sapconf RPM package!

Please read the section "SLES 11 SP1: Configure uuidd -" in the following SAP note: 1310037  - SUSE LINUX Enterprise Server 11: Installation notes

SLES 11 SP1: Configure uuidd -

The uuidd will be

automatically activated when installing the sapconf package. Activated

means, that the deamon is allowed to start when a time based uuid

request comes in. You can check that by running the command

uuidgen -t

After running that command the "activated" uuidd should be running for some times (default timeout 5 minutes).

I think you only need to run the uuidgen -t command. After that, run the command uuidd so you can check if the uuidd daemon is already running or not!

Give us your feedback!

BR,

João Dimas - Portugal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello joao dimas,

That solved the problem... but after I stopped or restart the server the same problem appears again!
That solution that you recommend only works momentarily!

I think I need to install the sapconf RPM package as it says in the sap note 1391070 but I don´t know how to do that!

Any tips for anyone? Can you help me please?

Thanks

samid raif