cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting activated business function from SFW5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have activated business function LOG_PP_MIS in dev environment and want to transport to test and prod.

I went to system settings --> transport option & Created transport. This transport includes:

Desc--> Status Tables Switch Framework Client-Independent

Prog ID --> R3TR

Object Type --> SF02

Object Name --> A

How can i verify that it includes only that BF which i activated? DOnt want to export anything else.

I know I can manually activate this object in TST & PROD but want to do it using transport only.

Your help will be highly appreciated!

Thanks,

Harry

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sivakumar_kilari3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the below table, if you have activate any BF , the entry will be saved in this table.

SFW_ACTIVE_B2

Thanks

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva & RB,

Thanks for quick response!

I looked in to table SFW_ACTIVE_B2 and found my entry along with many other BF which were activated in past (Screenshot attached for your reference):

I want to export only entry which i activated. There might be possibility that someone activated BF in dev but never found need to activate in TEST/PROD in past. As these BF's are irreversible so I dont want to export other activated BF's to TEST/PROD to avoid any problem later on.

So trying to find way to export only mine activated BF.

Thanks,

Harry

sivakumar_kilari3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harry,

I don't think this is possible to move only one entry, below screen shot  see (*) key value field , Its not editable, if that is editable we can mentions particular  BF and we can move particular BF.  SAP not allowing to do edit because there may be dependencies and conflicts will come . *(star) means will move all BFs from this to SFW_ACTIVE_B2 to target system.

Thanks

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Thanks again for quick response.

I compared table SFW_ACTIVE_B2 in Dev, Test and PROD environment.

Found that table SFW_ACTIVE_B2 in Dev has one extra entry which I activated today.

Now I am confident that I am not going to export any other BF.

Just a quick last question: What if user ask to activate BF in Dev and then changes his mind and dont export it to TEST/PROD? I think BASIS person should never activate BF if that BF is not going to PROD, What do you think?

Thanks,

Harry

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

Activating a business function is not just updating an entry in the SFW_ACTIVE_B2 table. If you want to be sure what the transport request contains then check the transport request after activating the business functions in the development system.

Switching on Business Functions (SAP Library - Switch Framework)

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks RB,

I looked in to Transport request and below are the screenshots for your reference:

clicked on the request to see more details:

double clicked to see table names and values:

clicked on the 1st entry to see further:

clicked on 2nd entry to see further:

Transport does not list newly activated BF. It list you these table entries only.

I went to 2nd table and found new FB with activation date of today along with other activated FB with past date. So it means everytime you export BF in to transport it always export all active BF's.

Let me know your thought on this.

Thanks,

Harry

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Harry

There must be a reason why there are two tables (SFW_ACTIVE_B1 and SFW_ACTIVE_B2) involved in the transport request and most probably this could be due to the dependency in the ABAP objects. In that case the Transport functionality is working as designed. So the answer to your requirement is NO unless you perform manual update of tables involved. In that you can expect inconsistency in the system and also the whether you will achieve the expected result is another thing.

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks RB for your time and support

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

Once you have the transport request created go to Tx SE03 - Find Requests - and search for the request. Check the contents of the request.

Regards

RB