cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to define a link to external documents using only ECC6.0?

0 Kudos

Dear all,

Our procurement manager showed me a button within a purchase order under Header --> Additional data.

The button is called "Documents in CFolders" and is configured under SPRO --> Integration with Other SAP Components --> Business Packages/Functional Packages --> Buyer --> Define Link to External Documents

When I enter the above customizing I get the impression that it must be possible to use only an ECC6.0 (No EP6.0, no SRM) to make this option work.

For now I get the remark: "Application cFolders not active" and when I configure something I get no remark but also no reaction...

There is a bit of documentation related to the customizing stating:

- Enter the desired Internet address and set the Active indicator.

- I should also provide a role corresponding to the role SAP_CFX_USER (Which does not exist in ECC6.0)

When I save the Internet Address I get a warning that the URL does not accord with conventions.

Question is: Did anybody set-up the simplest configuration to make the "Documents in CFolders work and can you show us an example of how to configure this?

Kind regards,

Rene Krook

SAP Development

ESE World BV

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ulf_petzel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

cFolders is a web-based application that can be connected to any number of ECC systems for sharing documents and other product or other data:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_ppm60/helpdata/en/00/e8c80ae8fc3842b5bedf5d67879dae/content.htm?frameset...

It can actually also be deployed on an operative ECC system itself for internal use.

You need to implement it using the cFolders 4.5 Master Guide:

http://service.sap.com/~sapidb/011000358700000048352010E/SAP_cFolders_45_MG_v20.pdf

Regards, Ulf.

0 Kudos

Hi Ulf,

The master guide you attached describes exactly my situation (Variant B).

Thank you very much for your quick and adequate response.

I will now work my way through the book and then return to aknowledge that you gave me the correct answer.

Kind regards,

Rene

Answers (0)