cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with idoc configuration in xMII

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have an issue when I try to create IDOC communication between SAP ECC 6.0 and my MII 12.1 system.

Here is the configuration in SM59:

Here is the configuration for XMIIIDOC03 resource adapter in netweaver:

And here is the error message I get:

For information, my MII system is able to ping the SAP ECC server (sap0252.sap.logica.com) and the system number is 00.

Could you please explain what is wrong?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Netweaver version is 7.1

MII version is 12.1.7 build 50

The bindink key is set to XMIIIDOC automatically on each XMII IDOC resource adapter.

The IP adress is correct and there is no space issue in the program ID.

I definitely don't understand why it doesn't work. I already did the same configuration few months ago and I didn't had this kind of issue, everything was working as expected.

Regards,

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Which SP is the NW 7.1?

The reason I ask this is that the SP of NW 7.1 has minimum requirements once you get to MII 12.1.6 and above.  I think NW needs to be a minimum of SP4, but check the PAM just to be sure.  It has been a while since I checked on this and my memory may be false.

Thanks, Mike

SAP Customer Experience Group - CEG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

I tried all the suggestion and I still have some issues. The network access seems to be solved by adding the gateway service which was missing. But now, I have the Program not registered issue even after trying the procedure given by Henry to force the program registration (I also modified the programID value to force it).

Here is my new configuration:

SM59 :

NWA :

Error:

Could you please have a look?

Regards,

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What version, SP, and build of MII is your system?

What version and SP of NW is your system?

Why is your binding key set to XMIIIDOC and not XMII?

Regards, Mike

SAP Customer Experience Group - CEG

former_member193328
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

The only 2 reasons I can think of

1. The Gateway host is not correct. Please check that the IP entered is correct and same as the host mentioned in the Gateway settings

2. The Program ID is same in ABAP and JAVA. Though they seem correct sometimes spaces may cause such error,

Please verify one of the above is not the reason.

Regards

Partha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please take a look on the SAP Note 1528512 (SM59 Connection Test Program XMIIIDOC not registered).

Regards,

Henry

former_member193328
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Your first screenshot does not have the gateway port mentioned. Please check that you have configured the correct GW Host and Port from the transaction smgw -> Go To -> Parameters -> Display. Look for "gateway hostname" and "gateway service". The last 2 digits on the service is the gw port.

Best regards

Partha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Whatever the process you have done its correct. But might be you have missed one thing as per your screenshots.Once updated SAP details in NWA, you have to press update XMIIIDOC03 in Message Service --> Message Listener --> XMIIIDOC03. There you can see the detaisl which you maintained in NWA.

And try with IP address instead of hostname, said by Christian.

Regards,

Praveen Reddy

former_member185280
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try using the IP address instead of the host name for the server name and gateway host values.