cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Container resource u0096 usage and capacity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For a chemical company I have the following situation: A bulk (intermediate product) is blended/produced in a tank. Then this bulk will be filled into different possible packaging. Therefore the tank will only be empty, when the last quantity is filled into one of these possible packaging. And a new production of a bulk can only begin, when the tank is empty. (An order for producing and one or some orders for filling will be used).

My idea was now to use container resources for these tanks. My aim would be, that if the tank is not empty, there is no capacity. That would mean, that any stock “uses” or blocks available capacity of the tank. First test showed that this is not the case.

Therefore: What is the final usage of a container resource – what is your experience? Can I somehow block the resource until it is emptied by the filling orders (which would use only the filling machines as resources)? What do I have to maintain to receive this result (already done: container resource and product flow in SCM 5.0)?

Thanks a lot

Guido

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Normal storage resources will not work in this scenario...

I assume you are using PP/DS?

I don't have an answer for you, but will investigate.

Ken

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is there further update on usage of container resources for Chemical Industry in SCM 2007. Does any one have experience in using them . Please share.

Warm Regards,

Mukesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have exactly the same situation. I used container resource but the resource is not busy until it is emptied. Stock did not use the available capacity after the production in tank is finished.

Did this occur in your situation?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I made the experience that the level of stock does not influence the available (time-)capacity. In my point of view, the storage functionality is mainly for alert creation and handling. There is also a heuristic for storage resources, but I don't have experience in using this heuristic.

Thanks

Guido