cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

“User is not allowed to approve his own change request”.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We do have requestor and approver both are having same role and hence, requestor can approve CR and approver can raise CR. In this case, how can we restrict for a particular user is not allowed to approve his own CR.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor

Can you check possibility by assing below roles?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

The given problem has been resolved. The given problem can not be solved only by separating the role through pfcg. During separating the role, you are only separating the user. Here, Validator and Approver also can create CR and that time respect to that CR, their role will be requester not validator or approver.

So, what exactly you need to do...go to class builder and get into the CL_USMD_CR_GUIBB_GENERAL_DATA. Under this class interface go to "process_event" method and write a logic which will restrict user for not to approve his own request.

Victor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

Have you been able to solve this problem?

I can't see this question being answered anywhere. And I don't have the asnwer 🙂 but looking for it. Facing same issue with MDG-S/C 7.0 where users might have multiple roles like reqeustor, approver. I would appreciate if you could share your findings.

Andrzej

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrzej,

Unfortunately I did not get any reply from anyone regarding this solution. Anyways, it has been resolved now. I followed the below steps:

1. Step 1 : Logon in class Builde SE24  with a class name :  CL_USMD_CR_GUIBB_GENERAL_DATA.

2. Check for the methods Process Event.

3. Click on IF_FPM_GUIBB_FORM~PROCESS_EVENT.

4. Then write a logic to protect the user from not to approve his own request.

Victor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Victor, i'll try it out 🙂

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Victor

I am not expert in workflow but can give one suggestion. In your UI screen, add one more custom field (no need to replicate) and ask the requester who is approver also to choose the other user id. Once the requester submit the request, take the user id  from the CR entered by your requester as a a approver and then get it approved.

Kiran

awin_prabhu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check Badi USMD_SSW_DYNAMIC_AGENT_SELECT.

Create an implementation for this Badi, where user agents could be changed dynamically.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You have the same question posted here: http://scn.sap.com/thread/3525119.

Please post questions only once so that all related information is in one place.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Abdullah,

This discussion chain is little different than the other discussion one (Which URL you have shown above). I request you please go through this discussion chain properly and understand my specific requirement. I know, duplication of discussion is not good. Please go through it. Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I see your point. However, it is the same concept; you are trying to "exclude" agents from being included in a specific step. This agent can be the previous agent or the CR initiator. As I mentioned in that post, you can update the list of excluded agents for this.

former_member193063
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Victor ,

In  this case at the User  Agent Decision Table you have to assign different  User Id means as approver user Id ..

So that Request has only raise the CR and Approver have approve the CR.....

Thanks

Nikhilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response Nikhilesh. But in my case, its not single user. They are tons so there is no other option except them to assign to roles.   Hence, I am looking for BAdI option, where I can interpret the process to check based on USER-ID information.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am waiting for this above solution, please help me out.