cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting .txt to .xls without any warning message pop up in excel sheet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

i need to convert a .txt file to .xls (excel sheet), i have done it  by giving .XLS in the dynamic file name and tab delimiter in receiver channel  its getting converted to excel but when i open it, its showing a warning message as below. its a File to File(FTP) scenario 

IF i click yes then the excel is getting generated fine but while doing 'save as' its by default taking .txt format, please see the below screen snap.as it should not

i dont want this warning message to pop up and the excel sheet must be directly saved into .xls format with out any manual intervention.

** i tried using XSLT mapping and

ABAP coding as well, but after generating the file we are face this pop up warning issue.

can some body help me how to resolve this issue.

Regards,

Chandra.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra - I don't know if you can control it using PI..

As it is the Microsoft application which validates it and display the warning... If you really want to avoid that warning then have a look at the below blog -

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel-help/a-file-is-in-a-different-file-format-than-its-extension...

To disable warning -

Error opening file: "The file format differs from the format that the file name extension spec...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hareesh,

i had already gone through these links, i want the file to be generated with out this warning message because the excel file is directly placed in a server and the server wont accept it and gives errors if the file is not in the correct format

Regards,

Chandra.