cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finite SNP Heuristic for Scheduling agreements

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

i want to use accurate capacity check at supplier level starting from finish product planning. For this i use the standard scenarion in SNP with planning book 9ASA. In this planning book i have cerated selection (SHOW = 9AMALAS with conditions -Verison, Source Location and means of transport). after them i have maintained in the key figure 'Capacity-scheduling agreements' a value e.g. 50. In the key figure forecast was a quantity of 70 PC. After performing the Network heuristic i expected receipt quantity of 50 but system has created 70??

has anyone an idea why the system create more than in the key figure 'capacity' defined??

Thank you in advance

Alex

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

Heuristics by definition is a infinite quantity based planning, which means that it doesnt take capacities into consideration even if the resource is scheduled to be finite. That's what Capacity leveling is for. In your case, you said you have a demand of 70. So, it does create a receipt of 70 in source location. What you can do is to create a macro that changes the color of the cell to a different color(use CELL BG()) or create an alert that gets triggered incase the forecast qty.(70) exceeds your capacity of 50. This is just for recognizing the overload. Then you can do capacity leveling.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

first thank you for your reply.

But in Standard you have three Planning books 9ASA (interactive planning), 9ASA (collobarative planning) and 9ASA_BATCH for Batch processing. When you execute the SNP run in this planning books than the supplier capacity you have defined in key figure 'Capacity' will be considered during heuristic run (according documentation). But in my case the capacity is not considered. The solution why this is not considered in my case could be that in standard planning area 9ASNP03 for key figures 9ACAP_MAX; 9ACAP_MIN the field Key figure function is empty. But I'm not sure??

Best regards

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

"'Capacity' will be considered during heuristic run (according documentation)"If you don't mind, can you refer me to the documentation(if its online)? or else please type more details of the sentence that says this in the documentation

Thanks.