cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Challan date new and GR date past, How to reconcile?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have some material document in subcontracting process and user did not reconcile challan for these GR no.

and these Material documents were from previous period , now while J1IFQ he is getting following error

" Excise document is posted later to Material document"

Message no. 8I576

I checked there were around 20-25 GR were posted but not reconciled, He reconciled the wrong way using the new challans instead of taking the previous one sequentially ,now the situation is that for reconciliation the remaining GR, the challan date is new and the GR date is past, How to reconcile these documents? what is the workaround to clear this problem? Please advise

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

brinda_r
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For the GRs from previous period, reconciliation for challans created in the current period is not
possible.

You should reconcile the challans that are linked to those GRs in J_1IGRXSUB table.

Regards,
Brinda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply.

As I told you , Now in our system only new challans left to reconcile with the Old GRs,

Kindly help me how to proceed, materials physically received from vendor,

Thanks

brinda_r
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per the standard process challans will be created first and then GR should be done.
So if challans are created after GR then reconciliation is not possible!

Regards,
Brinda

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You seems to have created Challans after GRN's and these GRN's are not linked with Challans while GRN posting. Check the same in J_1IGRXSUB table. If you dont see the challans linked with GRN then its not possible now to reconcile the same.

You may have to raise an OSS message by elaborating the problem details.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

it is not possible to reconcile. because logically GRN. will be made with refernce to challan.

please track those documents manually. Challan should me made the day your goods leaves your location. not prior or early. violation of excise rule(PGI date and challan date should be same). i dont think SAP will support for this.

Regards

Maruthi S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maruti,

The challans were created correctly as you said, but reconciled improperly,

brinda_r
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the challans were created before GR then how is challan date greater than GR date?

Regards,
Brinda

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you checked in J_1IGRXSUB table? Is your challan assigned correctly during the GRN?