cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ARQ: How to restrict Manager Approval to specific Department/Employee group???

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I was looking for an authorization object to restrict manager to approve a request for each department or employee type only.

I used GRAC_USER auth. object and GRAC_USER field to restrict manager approval to specific employee id only (for testing). However, this did not

succeed.

There is another auth. object: GRAC_REQ. In this there is a field "GRAC_BPROC" which can also be used. But, this will only display  specified BP in this field. This, I believe, does not serve the purpose.

Can anybody help me with this?

Regards,

Faisal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

Did u try with GRAC_EMPLY object.

Regards,

Madhu.

Regards,

Madhu.

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Madhu,

Thanks for your quick reply.

I have not tried with this. I actually saw this and wanted to use "GRAC_DEPT" field. However, in the multiple selection, I could not find any department names and I think this should be maintained somewhere but not sure where.

Can you please assist me in maintaining departments?

Regards,

Faisal

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

I think department value should come for LDAP if you have that field mapped. We cannot manually maintain in SPRO config. If you want to set up some default value for it you can try in EUP.

Regards,

Madhu.

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Madhu,

Thanks again for your reply.

If this is to be mapped from LDAP, then you do you think that I should simply write department in this field?

Anyway, I will try this and update you.

Regards,

Faisal

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Madhu,

I tried this as well. But of no help. Manager can even approved a request in spite of maintaining particular department in the GRAC_DEPT field. By the way, appropriate department is maintained in the back end system for that user.

Can you please advise?

REgards,

Faisal