Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PA30 Display Facsimiles Authorization Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am facing one authorization issue in PA30 Transaction. User trying to display the archived documents from PA30 > Extras > Display All Facsimiles, when user trying to execute he is facing the below authorization issue.

You have no authorization to display the facsimile

Message no. PG424

I have analyzed this issue this is lack of infotype authorization, but I am not sure which infotype we have to give under P_ORGIN authorization object. SU53 not showing anything for infotype, it is showing  ' ' in infotype.

I checked the below SAP notes also.

1562091 - Display all facsimiles: Incorrect Message PG424/PG425

1990223 - HRFORMS : Can not view archived documents in PA20

373063 - Authoriztn for applicnts opticl archv does not work

User getting access If I maintained Star (*) or (' ') . Please help me to solve this issue.

Thanks

Kishore ch

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can check which Infotype your archived document is linked to in table V_T585O. A user will require read authorization for that infotype as well as an authorization for S_WFAR_OBJ for the document type. If I'm not mistaken you may even need S_TCODE or P_TCODE for transaction SDV.

Secondly, I would not advise you to rely only on SU53 data for authorization checks as it only shows the last failed authorization check. You'll get a better view on what's going on by using the system trace (ST01) or the authorization trace (STAUTHTRACE).

It seems a bit odd to me that assigning P_ORGIN with value ' ' for INFTY would solve the problem as that is the dummy value and should match with any other INFTY value your user has. Seeing as he/she has PA30 then I assume he/she will already have an authorization for P_ORGIN. Check the settings in V_T585O for the document type. Maybe someone made a mistake there and left the Infotype cell empty instead of "-".

Good luck

Brent