cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

to make description field editable

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement to make the 'Description' field editable for  the line item of internal goods and service.How can I achive this.

Thanks

Vivek

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ricardo_cavedini
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have been working on a similar scenario recently.
It is possible to have the product description changed during shopping cart creation, but after ordering, shopping cart description would revert back to the original product description.
This occurs due to additional validations that are done in SRM for product IDs.

Therefore, even if description is changed during cart creation, it will be changed back to product ID description.

Regards,
Ricardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ricardo,

My requirement is, for some kind of product ( for eg:- service) there wont be any standard description.so while creating the shopping cart we can give our own description.latter the user will copy the same line item and he will create new shopping cart ,At that time user want to edit the description..

Just I  want to make the field editable..I tried in SPRO settings it did't work for me.

Any ideas will be appreciated..

thanks

vivve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vivve

I met the same issue before.

Actually the system logic is that once you change anything of the material, the materail description will refreshed to the one in DB.

So if you want the system keep the input description, you can use BADi BBP_DOC_SAVE_BADI to save the input.

If it is difficult, you can add a new editable field, then save this field to the material description filed in table.

In Plan driven scenario, actually, we can edit the material description in ECC in me51n and the customized material description will keep even after transferring into SRM

Wish this will be helpful.

Regards,

Hayashi.