cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time out during allocate of registered program

0 Kudos

Dear Experts ,

We are facing a issue in our SAP PI system , THe RFC AI_RUNTIME_JCOSERVER os getting failed with the time out error

Error: Time out during allocate of registered program ,

I checked in SMGW and i can see a lot of connections establshed for TP AI_RUNTIME_<SID> ,

I am not able to understand how can i trace and understand from where these connection requests are coming

and what is the maximum limit of the connections that can be allowed for a particlar TP

i also checked the gatewayd logs but could not find any entry for the ConvID or connection number

The RFC works fine when i execute a connection test from the application server of SAP PI system

Best regards,

Shubham jain

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Dear Inaki/Indarjit,

Thanks for your feedback , i had checked the note and the parameters for time out etc are set correctly

The TP program is used for calling the Java stack from ABAp and has not caused any issues before this incident

It was a bit strange as the RFC was working finr from application server but causing issues from the DB server

when i checked SMGW loged in client , i could see more than 20 requests for the same TP program and could not find any background job etc causing it

In gateway logs i could see that if for 120 seconds there is no write the TP request should have timed out or deleted automatically

I restarted the server node and the issue got fixed , but i was not able to find out what had caused the issues

Best Regards,

Shubham jain

Former Member
0 Kudos
iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shibham,

Have you checked this note  1333483 - Timeout during allocate of a registered program ?

Regards,