cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rejection reason for expense claim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Has anyone tried to allow approver of travel expense claim to enter rejection reason?

If yes, how is this done via workflow?  Also, did you manage to keep track of the rejection log history?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Anwar20
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tan

This is standard functionality in Travel management workflow- WS20000040 & business object BUS2089.

If you are enhancing  standard workflow for travel expense , You can add task & work item for reject in workflow.Once you add it in your workflow. It will work while rejecting travel expense .

Thanks

Anwar Hossain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your prompt response and details.  Can the approver enter text on the reason for rejection and then allow the requestor who submits the expense claim form to see it in the expense form?

Is the reason for rejection stored in standard SAP table to retrieval to be displayed in customized report?

Thanks.

Anwar20
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes , approver can write text there  while approver reject the expense  request. This can be visible to travel requestor .You ask your workflow consultant , he will able to  do this .

Its all standard functionality in Travel workflow.

All the best

Thanks

Anwar

0 Kudos

Hi Yvonne

To follow on from the point as whether the data is stored in DB table  - I presume you want to capture this for reporting purposes. I had a very similar query a few months back so this info will help you;

The workflow ID needed is WS20000050 and it can be launched via SWDD and here you have a choice in User Decision: 000372 Approve travel request

If you choose to reject the trip, you heve the Activity 000483 Enter and send message. This normally open a text view in which the manager explains the reason why he rejected the trip. This will not be stored in the Database as it is a Workflow purpose only and we have no field in Travel to store the rejection justification

Again later in the process, in the condition 000492 Travel request approved? You can also define to send a mail to the traveller based on the same configuration than the following Task: TS20000095
Send mail: Request approved. Here for instance you can create your own task corresponding to the choice No (rejection) and send a mail to the traveller.

I repeat there is no possibility to store in the Travel Model the information entered during the Workflow process so we can't show the justification in the Report itself (In ess or in the form request).

Hope it helps - keep in mind for good housekeeping if you can mark up questions as answered or not, but otherwise I will close them out here also!

Kind regards

Sally

Message was edited by: Sally Redmond Incorrect name!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Sally, for your reply.  We will check and update accordingly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sallyRedmond and all the folks,

anyone please even my problem almost same as this disscussion issue.i am abap consultant,

my requirement is when ever approver approve or reject the trip those trip details should be captured ztable in database, how to do it please help me,is it the workflow work or abap work?

and what is the process to do this. i need to cature the personnal number,trip number,approver user id,date, status (Approved or rejected).