cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while connecting to SAP Server through SUP Workspace?

sravanthi_polu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Iam getting an error " The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect" while connecting to SAP Server from SUP Workspace.All the credentials i have entered while creating the connection  profile are correct.The necessary msvcr71.dll and msvcp71.dll files are already there in C:\Windows\System32.I can able to connect to SAP Server through SAP GUI.Please help me in this regard.

Thanks in advance

Regard's,

Sravanthi Polu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Virinchy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you please check if you have made the JCO connection properly.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/2004434

or please check this

https://esupport.trendmicro.com/solution/en-us/1056722.aspx

sravanthi_polu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for your replies.I have installed  Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable  package,restared the system and  tried to ping to server.Now it is working fine

Regards,

Sravanthi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check whether you are able to make a test connection from the SCC. SCC>domains>default>connections> select the SAP connection profile you created or create a new connection profile. In the properties click on "test connection". If it is not working there could be an issue with the server installation. A re-installation of the server might be needed.

Is the SDK installed in a different system or in the server itself ?

Is it working from another system ?

Midhun VP

sravanthi_polu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for your replies.SAP system is working fine.I can connect to SAP Server through SCC.Sybase server and mobile SDK are installed in different  system.It is working fine for other systems,it is problem only with single system,it means SAP Server credential and the environment set up is correct.

Is there any other required software to support this connection in my system.

Kindly help me in this regard.

Sravanthi Polu

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since it is working in other systems try re-installing the SDK in your system.

• Uninstall SDK
  • Delete the related folders
  • Restart the system and
  • Reinstall.

Midhun VP

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Before uninstalling SDK, can you quickly cross check if you can access/ping SAP server ip from the machine where you are trying to connect to sap system (where workspace is installed)?

Rgrds,

Jitendra

sravanthi_polu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for your replies.I have already reinsatalled SDK but could not solve the issue.Iam able to connect to server from system where workspace is installed through sap gui.Please find the above screen shot it is showing sapjco3.dll path.Now i have uninstalled and again installed sap gui,now while connecting it is showing error 'cannot reach port'.I have found an option to create connection from a file that contains connection details,but i don't the format in which the file should be wrriten.Can any one specfiy the file format? I  want check weather this method can work.

Regards,

Sravanth Polu

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

strange... Can you once again cross check the steps mentioned in this document Creating an SAP Connection Profile

@ Viru : I believe that for sup 2.0 or older versions we had to copy all that required dll and jar files but from sup 2.1 onwards it is not required.

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Sravanthi,

did you try with passing ip address of that SAP System? Make sure SAP system is up and running.

Regards,

Jitendra