cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SP installation in PRD after 3 month

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP profies,

Please, tell, which kind of problems i can faced, if i will install SP on PRD system over 3 month of installation on DEV and QAS?

SP:

SAP_BASIS 731: SP 0008

SAP_ABA 731: SP 0008

PI_BASIS 731: SP 0008

SAP_BW 731: SP 0008

WEBCUIF 731: SP 0008

SAP_BS_FND 731: SP 0008

SAP_APPL 606: SP 0008

On DEV system: 15.12.13

On QAS system: 22.12.13

But on PRD system still not installed.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How your object/transport testing has happened with different SP levels all these 3 months?

Recommendation is to have same level of SPs across the landscape to have consistency in objects.

If you have no issues with your transports all these days, then I don't think it will effect your production now. But to be at safer side, restore production data into quality and then do the patching there so that you get a change to test your business cycles to ensure no surprises.

Regards,

Nick Loy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our response peoples from business dont give time to downtime of PRD system. But sometimes i faced with transport error when import sap note. But abapers always help me.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it all?

Only transport errors during transfer request.

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Albert,

Please, tell, which kind of problems i can faced, if i will install SP on PRD system over 3 month of installation on DEV and QAS?

As per SAP best practise we need to have same SP level across the landscape DEV-QAS-PRD.

So during patching if you faced any issue in DEV or QAS, you are bound to face same problems in PRD.

So you may need to apply similar solution what has been done in DEV and PRD.

To avoid issues with transports to PRD, keep same levels as DEV and QAS.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori