Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EEM : Reference/Baseline transaction

ashutosh_bhanage
Participant
0 Kudos

HI All,

I have implemented End user experience monitoring in our environment to monitor what the DC's are experiencing.

Can I get some guidance around how can I base line optimal user experience.

Which transaction can I record as a reference transaction against which I could compare the user experience in a geographical location.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

any business transactions, which you may feel mission critical transactions can be supported,  like sales order transaction tcodes.

might be this could help you out IdentifySenarios - End-User Experience Monitoring - SCN Wiki

Check out the video tutorials VideoTutorial - End-User Experience Monitoring - SCN Wiki

Thanks

Jansi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184465
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

you have to pick critical transactions first. Critical can be activities used by many users or by key users.

The baseline can be different in different locations. E.g. close to the servers with a good bandwidth you would expect a better response time than from locations with smaller bandwidth. Therefore I would set different tresholds.

To get experience I would start with small and easy transactions. E.g., login, navigate, logout.

Regards Thomas

ashutosh_bhanage
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Jhansi and Thomas for your responses.

I have recorded for eg one transaction which the DC's would use which is MB51 in the script. Just that I wanted to validate the performance of this transaction against any standard transaction. So for eg for some reason MB51 starts having issues, by looking at the EEM graph support team would immediately know that this is an issue in ECC with MB51 alone since the other "reference" transaction is running fine.

Is this a good idea? I think so. Please let me know your views