cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery Item Category

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I was trying to copy a Standard Del Item Category ( DLN ) i got an Error " Entry Does not exist in TVPT (Check Entry).

To solve this error i created a dummy item category ZDLN at VOV7.Then i tried to copy the Standard Del Item Category DLN to ZDLN. It worked fine and i was able to copy DLN as ZDLN.

I have checked TVPT - it is Sales Documents Item Categories table.

My doubt is if an entry (Ex: ZDLN) does not exist at VOV7 can't we create or copy the same entry at Del Item Category?What is the link between Sales Document Item Category and Del Item Category? Please throw some light on this.

Thanks and Regards,

Aditya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Aditya,

entry (Ex: ZDLN) does not exist at VOV7 can't we create or copy the same entry at Del Item Category

Your observation is correct & correct guidance provided by

Delivery Item Catergory will not be able to control item behavior for material in subsequent doc, like billing. So, if you observe sales item category it controls:

- Business Data (like Completion Rule, Special Stock, Billing Relevance, Billing Plan Type, Billing Block, Pricing, Credit, Cost)

- General Data

- Transaction Flow (like Incompletion, Partner & Text Determination)

- BOM & Config Mat

- Value Contract

- Repair/Service

- RRB

Now, for your newer delv item cat, if you don't have relevant schedule line category(VOV6) and it's determination in VOV5, then relevant movement type will not get determine in your delivery doc for goods movement. Similarly, you will face problem, when you want to bill the materials which is there in your delivery, if relevant Billing Relevance is not maintain in VOV7.

The best way to understand this relationship, refer Item category NLC - InterCo stock tr.itm in sales & delivery item category and its respective determination.

Hope that helps you.

Thanks, JP

former_member220617
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear aditya,

as JP said correct, sales item category controls the behavior of the material and it is linked with the delivery item category at the run time it will help for goods movement , you can obsorve the below screen shot , where this table is linked

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can any one share their views regarding the above Query.

Thanks and Regards,

Aditya

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

Question is not clear

are you saying, Item category is available in VOV7 but not in TVPT table ?

can you explain , sorry for not understanding it properly

regards,

santosh

joao_sousa2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I already explained the "symbiotic" relationship. What further explanation do you require?

joao_sousa2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For example in a Sales Order -> Delivery -> Billing document flow, the configuration that says it the item is relevant for billing is located in the sales order item category configuration.