cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Development on Windows CE, Embedded Handheld, Mobile

dworak_florian
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have read about the Gateway productivity accelerator for Microsoft, which is an add-in to Visual Studio. There already was an add-in to Visual Studio as documented in the "SAP NetWeaver Gateway Developer Tool for Visual Studio", which had prerequisites like .Net Framework 4.0, Visual Studio 2010 and Windows XP, Vista, 7 or Windows Server.

Do any of these 2 Visual Studio add-ins facilitate Gateway/OData-related development for Windows CE, Windows Embedded Handheld or Windows Mobile operating systems? We are wondering if we could develop handheld barcode scanning applications with it.

If not, there are probably workarounds to develop with OData services, just without the Visual Studio add-ons I guess?

Thanks!
Florian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

both GWPAM and the previous Visual Studio add-in "SAP NetWeaver Gateway Developer Tool for Visual Studio" (which you actually should not use anymore) do not explicitly support Windows CE or Embedded Handhelds, ...

As of now the focus of GWPAM is very much on the classic Windows and "Office like" application. I am saying "as of now" because you might have heard about the next planned innovation which is planned to integrate in Windows Azure and Office 365. So we are definitely looking at other integration.

I have never tried to use GWPAM in the context of Windows CE, so I am not sure if this would work...

Regards,

Holger.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a future integration for Windows 8.1 Apps and VS2013 planned?

Best Regards

Matias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matias,

Support for VS2013 is already planned and should be available with Service Pack 02 of GWPAM. Windows 8.1 apps is something that is being discussed / on a potential roadmap, but we do not yet have a concrete release-date.

Regards,

Holger.