cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage Decision IP address / Terminal Number

former_member7790
Participant
0 Kudos

How to get Usage Decision IP address / Terminal Number?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek.

Just a note, your posting was reported as probably being in the wrong forum and more suited to a BASIS or security forum.  But the question is about UD's so it's a borderline call for me so I left it.

Now, as far as the question goes, I don't think what you want is possible without modifications.  There is no log tracking IP address for when a UD is given.  I.e. the IP address is not stored with the UD administrative data anywhere.  So once the user logs off, any chance of getting that data would be zero.

I do know your BASIS or security team can definitely get the IP address for user's online and depending on what they are recording and monitoring, they may have logs but probably not directly related to the transactions used.

This discussion has a lot of info in it:

The trick will be to capture the info and store it some where.  My suggestion might be to utilize a user exit when the UD is saved, and use the FM "TERMINAL_ID_GET" to get the IP address.  (Note:  I have not personally done this or used that FM, but I am told that it will return a user's IP address), then store the IP address in the UD long text.

Craig