cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inspection lot creation after receipt of certain quantities?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus,

My user requires the creation of an inspection lot of 1 piece after the receipt of 200 pcs in stock as a kind of audit. This is not a goods receipt feom production as it will be done for each piece. .but was is needed is an event to create a lot woth piece for after receiving 200 pcs ( these receipts most provably will be on different days & in different material documents)

Can I apply this requirement through sap standard or user exit ar abap?

Thanks in advance,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok,  so as I understand the issue, you have no problems with creating an initial inspection lot for each piece if you want to.

What you are looking for is a way to automate the process of randomly selecting one piece from each 200 pieces received as an automatic audit.

The answer is no with standard SAP.  But you should be able to set this up with custom programming.  I think I would use a user exit at MiGO or UD, (I.e. At some point in the process of receiving the individual pieces.  Each time it's executed, dynamically count the receipts received since the last audit lot. If count = 200 then execute a program that figures out the receipts since the last audit inspection lot.  Assign a random number to each receipt.  Then select a random number between 1 - 200 and use the receipt assigned to that number.  Than create a manual inspection lot (89 or even an 07), for that material/batch.

Craig

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As Amol indicates this would be a case for DMR.

Inspect 1

Skip 199

Repeat.

Sampling schemes would not apply as you are doing individual receipts.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Craig,

this is not a goods receipt from production inspection. The user inspects each piece received from production in a separate inspection lot (goods receipt will be split into different pieces & each piece will be assigned to a batch in a one to one relationship). Beside, the goods receipt from production that will be performed as mentioned, the user may re-inspect one piece already present in the unrestricted use as a kind of audit. the user wants this auditing lot to be generated automatically for every 200 pieces instaed of creating it manually..any suggestions & can DMR help??

former_member211618
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Reem,

Please find the attached thread early inspection lot may help your requirement with free inspection point in inspection plan.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_470/helpdata/en/60/64cae6d9b311d1953a00a0c930e04c/content.

Note: Important points

• If a different batch is posted to warehouse stock for the order, the system automatically creates a new inspection lot with lot origin 04 for the processing of this batch.
          • If you make a goods receipt posting to a different storage location, the system also creates a new inspection lot with lot origin 04.
          • If you cancel an inspection lot (lot origin 04) after you make a usage decision, the system creates a new inspection lot (lot origin 04) with next goods receipt.
nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Rephrasing it,

each piece will be assigned to a batch in a one to one relationship

One piece represent one batch, Correct? And when GR is done against production for this batch, you get an inspection lot. QA personal do the inspection and material moves to Unrestricted stock.

Beside, the goods receipt from production that will be performed as mentioned, the user may re-inspect one piece already present in the unrestricted use as a kind of audit. the user wants this auditing lot to be generated automatically for every 200 pieces instead of creating it manually.

After the initial inspection is over and material is lying into Unrestricted, user would again inspect each of them and need automatic creation of inspection for every 200th piece/ batch. Correct?

Is this what you are looking for?

If that is the case, I don't think automatic lots can be created since there is no movement involved. User is simply doing retesting but nothing in system then how would SAP understand that an inspection lot is required?

Even if some development is done to generate an inspection lot for every 200th batch received into Unrestricted, you would still need an inspection type to be activated against the material and some movement to be triggered.

ntn

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If Goods receipt from Production is not the triggering event for inspection lot creation then which one is?

Search Dynamic Modification Rule on the forum; there are lots of threads about DMR. DMR might be the answer for your query.

Amol.

Message was edited by: Amol Manave