SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating article segments

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

While articles are listed for a new site via general assortment / local assortments created in SAP Retail. The new segments(Marc , MVKE , MBEW ) created for those articles will be refereed from the corresponding article data maintained for ref site ( which is in WSS1 or dis chain ref site )??? OR will be referred the MC ref article of the MC of the corresponding article?

Kindly help understand by technically supporting your answers. Thanks in advance for your expertise answer. Will be rewarded.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tobias_König
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Jae,

basically, the new segments will be created on basis of the segments for the reference site. MC ref article will not be taken into account.

One exception: if you do listing and NO segments for MARC, MBEW etc. for reference site exists, then system will first create segments for reference site on basis of the MC ref article.

Hope it helps.

Regards

Tobias

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Tobias_König
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Jae,

basically, the new segments will be created on basis of the segments for the reference site. MC ref article will not be taken into account.

One exception: if you do listing and NO segments for MARC, MBEW etc. for reference site exists, then system will first create segments for reference site on basis of the MC ref article.

Hope it helps.

Regards

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jae,

Listing will be done on the basis of data maintained for your reference site....

When you create an article, make sure the merchandise category of that article is part of your assortment and has proper assortment grade if you use them for listing. Also ensure that the listing procedure used in uniform in article master, assortment and site master.

You can check in the basic procedure profile check whether the merchandise category to which the article belongs has been assigned to the site. Only then will the article be listed for this site.

BR

Ajaya Kr. Mishra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Tobias ,

The client ref store data  is maintained already but I am not sure why the listing is picking data from mc ref art . I tried to change the parameters in mc ref as matter of trail and error and listed the same to  the new site and what I maintain in ref article reflects in art article segment created . Also one more issue is when I check in MARC  table it shows a replenishment parameter maintained and when I check in mm42 it does not .meaning when I open mm42 the ref data is taking precedence one e I save it saves and change history shows the ref mc art data being removed and ref site data being amended.  Not all article do behave the same way .

one more test I tried is , I removed the mc ref art from the mc . Now listed still the same issue .

now changed the parameters in mc ref art for Marc and they get copied while listing . There is no connection for mc ref art to mc ( I did remove it from MC) and I wonder why it's still picking up connections and referencing data .

ofof

Ajay there is no need to add mc in assortment , or listing procedure in article master . You can still perform listing .

we do not use b1 listing procedure . Thanks for the effort though .